LegacyGT.com

New here

Hey all, i currently drive a 99 m3 and its a hell of a ride. Unfortunately i am soon moving somewhere where it snows and is -gasp- cold during most of the year (i currently reside in phoenix and its a convertible). I was looking at a bmw awd car but then decided subaru would be a much better choice and the legacy is a great looking car.

So sell me on this car guys... is there any cool little features of this car you like that surprise you? My car has got a computer with all sorts of stuff like mpg, has the legacy got that sort of stuff? 2.5GT or the 3.0 (probably GT... i like 6 cylinders but turbos are fun)? what do you like about your car and would i be happy with one?

Hey all, i currently drive a 99 m3 and its a hell of a ride. Unfortunately i am soon moving somewhere where it snows and is -gasp- cold during most of the year (i currently reside in phoenix and its a convertible). I was looking at a bmw awd car but then decided subaru would be a much better choice and the legacy is a great looking car.

So sell me on this car guys... is there any cool little features of this car you like that surprise you? My car has got a computer with all sorts of stuff like mpg, has the legacy got that sort of stuff? 2.5GT or the 3.0 (probably GT... i like 6 cylinders but turbos are fun)? what do you like about your car and would i be happy with one?

Go test drive a GT.

but the LGT has everything you mentioned about the m3.

is there any cool little features of this car you like that surprise you? My car has got a computer with all sorts of stuff like mpg, has the legacy got that sort of stuff?

LGT has all those trip features, is def a great ride, and can be easily modded. Like suggested above go test drive one,

I , personally, think the Si-Drive is a cool feature, that I use most times I drive. I feel it truly helps increase MPG when you want it and gives you full access to full throttle when you want that.

As for other cool gadgets, we have the normal trip, mpg, inst mpg, avg mpg, and an mpg gauge that tells you if you above or below the avg mpg..... if you like the mpg stuff ;) You can also see the temp, time driven, and miles until empty.

It also allows you to program it to wish you a happy birthday and happy anniversary :) But for some reason won't tell you the date any other time :rolleyes:

If you are going with MT, unfortunately Nav is not an option unless you get a SpecB (unless that's changed in '09)

As for selling you on the car, like everyone else said.... go drive one, then you'll be hooked. Especially in some BEAUTIFUL white stuff, you'll enjoy waking up and seeing that the salt trucks haven't run (or are out of salt)

Enjoy your new LGT, I'm sure you'll decide to buy one :D

My last car was a 325iX so I was looking into the 330xi, but after test driving I couldn't see anything in the BMW that was worth that much extra money. I don't regret my choice. My Subaru is paid off so now I'm getting into upgrades; if I'd bought the BMW I'd still have lots of car payments ahead of me. :)

If you have any interested in modifying the engine for more power, get the turbo version. Bang-for-the-buck is pretty good.

I , personally, think the Si-Drive is a cool feature, that I use most times I drive. I feel it truly helps increase MPG when you want it and gives you full access to full throttle when you want that.

Careful... last time this started an argument. :lol:

(odd after i posted a crappy vid showing the MPG going up, the argument stopped :p )

^link?

Let me again point out, BAD quality. :lol:

was a last minute thing, I was going to re shoot the vid during daytime one of these days. only had a quick opportunity to shoot also, flat ground zero traffic. Note that the speed and tach do not move at all. thats why i used this road, very flat level area to do this. and I at the time, was 100% bone stock.

At most times it's hard to make out the numbers, it starts at 29.0mpg in S#. goes to 32.5 at one point. again, hard to clearly see. was done real late at night and after i realized it was rather bad... i was too lazy to go back out for another run on same road.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2149917&postcount=56

and BiginaLegacy has a few real great links to articles on the SI-Drive in that entire thread. (top right to go to start of the thread for those that don't know)

Ive got to do some stuff before being able to sell my car and actually get out and drive one, so i was looking for some helpful stuff on the car. A car is a car, but its those little things that really sets them apart for me - like how on some cars if you hold down the unlock button it will unroll the windows; features like that I love.

Definitely will be checking one out though, this is what got me looking in the legacy's direction... anyone know what kinda kit this is?

http://nyomi.arith.com.au/images/Nyomi_005.jpg

http://nyomi.arith.com.au/images/Nyomi_001.jpg

sex on wheels. and what kind of wheels are those too? cause those are pretty sexy as well...

yeah I know the SI argument is touchy... notice I said "I, personally" :lol:

I did the same thing you did the other night, level road, constant speed from S to I approx 4 mpg change.... it just makes complete sense if you think about it.... now I do agree with the arguments that if kept in I all the time your human responses will change and you will get worse MPG than if you effectively used SI.... but wait a minute..... let's stay OT....

To the OP, search SI and read up if your curious, and play with it when you test drive

Oh yeah.... and PLEASE don't ask which is better... the SpecB or GT.... just search and you'll find there is no answer :rolleyes:

now I do agree with the arguments that if kept in I all the time your human responses will change and you will get worse MPG than if you effectively used SI

the above is the reason people don't believe I mode works i think.

99% of the time i use I, after i get on the freeway or set cruise for a long time. in the city... i mainly stay S.

/OT

again, TEST DRIVE the LGT :)

play with the toys in the car, hit a pothole on purpose lol. I did that on the 2007 WRX i test drove back to back with a LGT, LGT was accident hitting the pothole, WRX was on purpose. the salesman was like 6'6" in the back seat of the WRX (same height as my brother in law) his head slammed the rear window on that pothole. he was in mid used car salesman speech... and shut up for a few blocks. :lol:

the LGT was like a mild bump.

I know on my M3, when its in sport mode, the throttle goes to 100% and the sensitivity is increased like you guys are describing. But when in E (economy/normal) mode; the throttle when fully pressed down is only giving about 80% of the throttle it should, and the throttle response is slower.

So perhaps what you guys are argueing about is that, when you have the throttle pressed down lets say exactly 1/3 of the way from bottom, in normal mode thats 1/3 of 80 giving lets say 30mpg. In sport mode this is 1/3 of the full 100% of throttle movement, so its giving you less mpg because its giving the car more gas.

Thats how my car works, dont mean to antagonize an argument or anything... and I had posted a reply last night guess the moderator didnt allow it? So heres my question: what lip kit is this?

http://nyomi.arith.com.au/images/Nyomi_001.jpg

http://nyomi.arith.com.au/images/Nyomi_023.jpg

that is one sharp legacy!

blackxd,

You hit the nail on the head with the Sport mode/ Economy Mode thing.... I wasn't aware that BMW had a similar gadget. But it basically does the same thing, it shows you a little graph which shows that the fuel curve is changed.

As mentioned test drive one and you'll see that, since you've owned a car with a similar feature you'll understand Si a lot better than most at the beginning.

i think the legacy is one of those cars where if you know what it is, you are going to be very close to buying it.

my instructor at the track who races bmws (e30, e36) was very impressed with the LGT. i think you will be too :p

car for sale. PM me!

I find (as I think many others do too) that the clutch is vague, but that is about my only complaint. The steering is great, the power is great (even stock), the visibility is good (better than the new WRX for sure), the AWD system does a great job crawling up my steep driveway, the car gets 30mpg on the freeway at 60-65 mph, and it's really stealthy. Note that the turbo version (GT and Spec B both) require premium fuel.

i think the legacy is one of those cars where if you know what it is, you are going to be very close to buying it.

my instructor at the track who races bmws (e30, e36) was very impressed with the LGT. i think you will be too :p

Good to know, ive been thinking how hard its gonna be getting rid of my e36 m3... i sure hope it really does compare.

I had been reading some bad things about the clutch, and after tossing up between a specb and a legacy gt, im pretty much set on a gt with an auto, though ive got two more questions for you guys. First, how is the tiptronic mode? I have no such feature but it seems cool. And second, opinions on the 3.0? I figure the turbo engine would be more fun but still, as far as torque or anything is the 3.0 better? Probably smoother powerband, but anything else?

If you're coming from an m3 then your heading in the wrong direction looking at the 5EAT and the 3.0. If you're looking for similar performance and handling to your m3, i say take the spec for a test run, if not that at least the LGT MT. And that car you posted....thats ariths car...thats an STi legacy, not available here..but i believe the body kit may be....check out his page http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97715&page=5 there is loads of info on the car and loadsa pics :)

I suppose im not looking for performance to match my m3's, i just want something that maybe will handle something close to it. If i wanted something as good as my m3 i would keep the m3... hahah even my M now isnt a stick, cant be fiddled with that with how much time i spend behind the wheel. i like my drives to be a leisurely thing..

and thats for that link, what a breathtaking car

Good to know, ive been thinking how hard its gonna be getting rid of my e36 m3... i sure hope it really does compare.

I had been reading some bad things about the clutch, and after tossing up between a specb and a legacy gt, im pretty much set on a gt with an auto, though ive got two more questions for you guys. First, how is the tiptronic mode? I have no such feature but it seems cool. And second, opinions on the 3.0? I figure the turbo engine would be more fun but still, as far as torque or anything is the 3.0 better? Probably smoother powerband, but anything else?

what bad things about the clutch?

just drive it and see how it is. doesnt feel like an s2000 or whatever, but i prefer it to the mazdaspeed3 or something like that.

car for sale. PM me!

Archived