LegacyGT.com

I bought an LGT!!! After 3 years of waiting

My lease ends in jan and I couldn't take anymore and got a legacy GT

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=253053352&dealer_id=575930&car_year=2008&rdm=1227395488144&model=LEGACY&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2008&keywordsfyc=__R1Q,__&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=071084&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=used&distance=75&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=SUB&keywords_display=GT&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=d&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=11040&advanced=y&end_year=2008&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=25

The car is: LGT 2008 - $24,886

Mileage: 7,909

Navigation System Included

60K miles Extended Warranty for 1500$, is that okay? He said 2000$ first then I was hesitant, he said 1500$, i took it...he said its a fully refundable warranty, meaning If i don't use it... then it gets returned to me...

I am going to pick it up Monday evening. They need to do 130 point inspection and a car detail. They said... 0$ for that...

What you guys think?

Edit

----------------

Take a look at: http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/legacy2009.html#price

Dealer Invoice: $30,100

09 GT manual no NAVI: Dealer Invoice: $27,013

The only car that fits 25K category is 3.0R Regular model with dealer invoice: $24,894

I have no idea what you guys talking about but you are saying that dealers are selling the 09's below their invoice?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest heightsgtltd

Hey Slingxshot, since you havent actually paid for it yet,the only thing I'd say is that you can prob get a brand new one with no miles for around the same price, e.g. 25K if you look.

Not sure of your location, but since 2009 models have been out for a while and new 2009 GTs can be hand for 26-27K, leftover new 08s should be within striking distance

Hey Slingxshot, since you havent actually paid for it yet,the only thing I'd say is that you can prob get a brand new one with no miles for around the same price, e.g. 25K if you look.

Not sure of your location, but since 2009 models have been out for a while and new 2009 GTs can be hand for 26-27K, leftover new 08s should be within striking distance

May be in your area.. I live in NY area, I looked at 75 mile radius, this was the best deal... rem this is an AUTO with NAV... new ones are 3500$ more with that...

whats more sad with 75 mile radius there were only 5 used LGT 08's

what he was suggesting is to buy from a dealer like Farrish, who will ship the car to you.... regardless where you live.

I paid less than Farrish or i'd have looked into him more.

i paid about 28k, loaded. no Nav/Auto but i didn't want it.

Grats on the car though, you'll love it. like what another said, Bronze with black interior... i'd have taken another look at Bronze.

Guest heightsgtltd

I live in the NYC area too.

Not sure if you checked out Town Motors in Englewood NJ, but I got a great deal from their internet manager when I bought my 05 new.

Not trying to rain on your parade, just trying to give you some possibilities including as Backlash said buying one from either Farrish or Grayson Subaru, or looking around more.

Congrats, don't worry about what others say, if you feel you got a good deal then enjoy it.

I guarantee you'll enjoy every minute of driving it :)

As mentioned my taste is an MT (Navi isn't available with that unless you go Spec-B)

Enjoy, I smile every time I drive :)

Stamford Subaru in Stamford Connecticut has a NEW 2008 Legacy GT for $24,899.00 at 0%. They are right off of I-95 North at Exit 6. You can check it out yourself at www.stamfordsubaru.com

Good luck.

Speak to Rich the sales manager and tell him the Hockey Coach sent ya...

You mean the 31K one?

http://www.stamfordsubaru.com/newinv2.asp?VehicleVin=94211056

------------

Take a look at: http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/legacy2009.html#price

Dealer Invoice: $30,100

remember.... on the websites... 99/100 times they have to list MSRP...... Subaru may not allow any price below MSRP for whatever reason.

my 2009 i bought, MSRP listed on the site was almost 33k. i did NOT pay that... you TALK to the dealer, the price they have to list online is MSRP most times.

Select Subaru in Post Falls ID has/had a 2008 Spec.b in QSM (new, was still there a few weeks ago. was so tempted to go this route instead) LISTED online for 34k. you CALL them and it was 28.5k. nothing changed other than calling and asking them about the 2008 Spec.b they have on their lot.

oh the link you posted above, is for a 2009. not 2008 like the guy above pointed out. and it is MSRP they list.

Also... I'm not trying to rain on your parade either...

Lets straighten this out, DO you already HAVE the bronze LGT? or are you looking to purchase still?

I have no idea what you guys talking about but you are saying that dealers are selling the 09's below their invoice?

Short answer, yes.

look at the link on page 1 to the Farrish deals. that LGT for 26,300... thats under invoice, and it has a few options listed.

pretty much you can always get a car under invoice. well... almost any car...

You had 3 years to ask questions here and get educated how to get best deal on these cars.

You would have also learned that for most the extended warranty is not worth the price.

60k extended warranty? That really means only 24k of extra non-essential coverage (60k is powertrain is anyway). For $1500? :lol::rolleyes:

You had 3 years to ask questions here and get educated how to get best deal on these cars.

You would have also learned that for most the extended warranty is not worth the price.

60k extended warranty? That really means only 24k of extra non-essential coverage (60k is powertrain is anyway). For $1500? :lol::rolleyes:

that doesn't cover the turbo...and the warranty is if you don't use it..they will return 1500$ back to me...

Guest heightsgtltd

Slingshot, we are trying to help you, why the hostility?

What site are you talking about that you are correcting me on?

Depending on options, you can absolutely get 09 LGTs brand new in the 26-31 range, vs the 31-36K MSRP (BTW, built in nav on the LGT sucks, It is one of the worst systems OEM)

As for 08s in the Farrish post I linked, there are 08s available for the price you are paying. Check out the one Skater mentioned.

Dont ask for advice or help if you dont like what you hear. As Unclemat said, there is plenty of info, especially in the last 3 years about what prices should be.

A used 08 for the price you are getting it just isnt that great. Sorry.

here's the Farrish one. With NAV

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Limited w/ NAV

5-speed automatic

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z260/akmaloney/P1000493.jpg

MSRP: $ 32,440.00

LGT.COM Member Price: $ 27,497.00

Archived