LegacyGT.com

Air Filtration System (K5A) option

almondcookie

OK, Can somebody tells me where is the proper location for a filter , I asking because i have enough dust and otcher stuff coming from air luvers. And even if it's pain in the ....... neck to install it , I want to do it. I will get anything , trim it a bit and that's it. ..... How to get there?

I ordered my interior filter back in late Nov/early Dec. I just received it a few days ago. I'll tell you what, the install kicked my arsss. I followed the directions, which I thought sucked. It did not take that long just a P-I-T-A. For $35 the filter is pretty small and flimpsy. The only reason I got the filter in the first place is because my wife has alergies, and it made a difference in my WRX I had. SOA recommends to change the filter every other oil change, I say yeah right. Maybe if it was easier to access.

so then is it worth it?

I remember for my honda it had "in cabin air filter" option and it was suppose to be changed every 30k. Luckily I don't have really bad allergies. The only difference I can see is that a car with an in-cabin filter seems to have less dash dust versus a car that does have it.

• 3 months later...
I was scheduled to have this installed tomorrow but the dealer called and said that this is no longer being offered due to Subaru discontinuing the kit. he said apparently that Subaru considers the kit defective and so has stopped offering it and is working on a better version. DAMN! my allergies are killing me. anyone else know what the scoop is - especially what kind of timeline we're looking at?

I was scheduled to have this installed tomorrow but the dealer called and said that this is no longer being offered due to Subaru discontinuing the kit. he said apparently that Subaru considers the kit defective and so has stopped offering it and is working on a better version. DAMN! my allergies are killing me. anyone else know what the scoop is - especially what kind of timeline we're looking at?
I wonder if I can get a refund.

actually i think it's a matter of the service person not knowing about the retrofit kit. I called the Parts dept directly and asked them about the following:

AIR FILTRATION RETROFIT KIT

SOA342L500

and the parts guy said they could order it. I told him that the service guy told me that the part was discontinued and that Subaru was working on a new one. he then said that there was a tech bulletin that announced the part I was ordering as the replacement part. so i'm now scheduled to get it installed next Wed. case of one hand not knowing about the other.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived