LegacyGT.com

Bug Guts

you can search the the detailing forum and check out Ocdetails threads. but I'll tell you I've been using turtle wax bug and tar remover spray and I found it works well.! You can set your spray pattern and apply, let it sit and buff off.

http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,4,11

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Yup, that stuff is the bomb. Something else that works well in a jam is just to presoak the bugs with something designed for cleaning anyway. Again, only for when you are in a jam, but I've had success spraying them with Invisible Glass and letting that soak in. Not as effective as a bug/tar remover, but it helps more than simple water does. I keep some QD, glass cleaner, and microfiber towels in an 'emergency kit' in each of my vehicles and after a road trip where I just need to get the bugs off, this method works great.

Another presoaking idea is just to scrub them down with soap. Actually, there was a bucketless car wash that was out for awhile. I think Eagle One made it. It was supposed to be sprayed on the car and then it would foam up and wash the car without the need for a bucket. I found a number of problems with that theory, but the product itself worked great as a bug soaker as well as being mixed with water to make a clay lube. Any really thin cheap car wash would work well for this kind of thing. Just put it in a spray bottle and you've got cheap bug remover helper. ;)

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

You are going to want to clean it really well and keep it waxed/sealed really well, especially if it is a big problem. I use Danase Turbo Shine to remove bugs from my motorcycle and helmet all of the time with ease. But I also keep a fresh coat of wax on the bikes and helmets to make the job even easier.

Archived