LegacyGT.com

how many miles until your 2.5gt motor is in the clear?

i was a victim of a bad 09' motor(read past blogs) i got a new 09' wondering how many miles before you can feel confident that you do not have a bad motor. holding off on mods. who had the most miles before their motor went bad due to stop sale issue earlier this year?

i have about 500 now, already put exhaust on. runs fine.

only thing was the stupid harness that unplugged itself... looks like whoever put the car together, computer or man, missed putting a wiring harness in a bracket... so it came unplugged causing a CEL after 107 miles.

I'm pretty sure my car was after the problem dates, it was delayed almost 2 weeks (i ordered mine) right after i heard about this issue the first time.

I believe it was stated the problem would occur before 1,500 miles were even on the vehicle. Most of the reports I have read its below 1,000 miles.
+1

I researched this thoroughly before buying my WRX, which promptly spun a bearing. But the majority of problems seem to have manifested themselves early on.

That said, I'm not touching mine anytime soon. And I'm very much babying it during break in.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

On my '08, I had the oil-line problem (topic of the recent recall) at a couple hundred miles; they fixed it (after two tries) and it's been fine since -- I'm now at about 4600.

Naturally, when I took it in for the recall notice a couple of weeks ago, they changed the oil, too, and spilled some, so on the way home I had the smoke-out-the-hood-scoop adventure. But it burned off and hasn't come back. I went to Stage I at about 4K miles. HPH

This mileage of Around 1000 Miles or so makes sense as SOA claims the failures resulted from a change in the Manufacturing Process, which was leading to all or most of the Problems.

If the car is not put together Right I would expect it to break very early on in its life.

Archived