LegacyGT.com

someone broke my poor LGT wagon's back window

oh i know....i totally agree, it is very possible that this was done by a truck. I was merely stating that Scruit is being rediculous, i think ehsnils could be right but would have to be parked in a rather odd location. It's far more likely to big kids

Ridiculous about what? What defeat is there to admit?

Alphatarget1 said it was a 2' rock. Do the math yourself. How heavy do YOU estimate a 2' rock? to be? Be clear on how you figured it out.

I was just trying to point out that a truck tire could not throw a 2' rock.

Now, if it wasn't 2'... Well then that's a different matter altogether.

2ft rock...mathematics don't lie. Scruit wins!!! ding ding ding

Hey Scruit...btw how are the digi-cams working out for you. Some idiot ran into my Subie but fortunately I didn't have to prove anything...she fessed-up.

2ft could have been any measurment of the rock, half an inch thick and 2 foot across for all we know....he clearly stated that it weighed 5-10lbs....this is the information we have been presented with, nothing more, so i seriously doubt that that alphatarget1 misjudged the weight by 590-595lbs. Why would the rock be spherical in shape? Given the size of this rock its probably not natural, more like building materials, a slab of concrete or something similar

That actually happens on trucks with tandem mounted tires:

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/images/tandem.jpg

And when the rock is the right size to get stuck between the tires it will get launched at a horrible speed. Most rocks are either falling out right away or won't stick between the tires but now and then it happens.

I think you get the idea...

Great explanation - how does this happen to the back window of a car while parked?

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Archived