LegacyGT.com

Help: 2006 accessport on 2005 leggy

peteyjr

Bought an accessport from a member a few months ago , He also had an 05. Problem is I tried to download a new map for the AVO TM intercooler I just put in (TA map) and the map manager poped up a small sceen saying not compatible with current Accessport. Sure enough I checked the back of the accessport and it says LGT 06 on the serial#. NOw my question is am I running the wrong maps with 06 maps . Curiously it runs strong with TDC stage II maps that were already installed when I bought it. I am going to call COBB later but was wondering if anyone had some input.

I think this is the first reported case of mismatched years and cars and accessports. Well power to you that it worked...but you could have done something very bad to your car.

Since it works, I tend to think you will be just fine.

Take the AP off. Sell the dang thing. Buy a Tactrix cable and run one of the free maps. Save some money and get the same performance. The cobb maps are not special honestly. Since you can't even really tweak them you can't fine tune them to your car.

Maybe not so bad of an Idea. I know its popular with the WRX crowd. Still I like the idea of using the TA maps (ex TDC maps from Mike)

I called COBB and they told me they were a bit surprised that the 06 accessport loaded on the 05 but since there are no problems then go ahead and use 06 maps.

There are awesome staged maps coming out for the LGT. I know I personally am tuning for them and have 5 stage 1 lgt's in columbus i tuned and 1 stage 2. Check out the thread about the mickyd tune.

Personally I feel that Cobb is on its way out because its nothing more then a ecu reflash plain and simple. I know this because I recently was working on a ex cobb car.

If your interested in doing it let me know I will help you out. IF your new columbus and want a free road tune pm me.

Archived