LegacyGT.com

Near Columbus ohio and want a free street tune ?

thorne

I'm looking for the following cars to get free base maps out there for. I think the opensource community is lacking in the LGT realm. I've been working with LGT's for a bit because all my friends have them GRRRRRRR (I want one badly). They all wanted stage 1 since they knew i tuned WRX's and STi's.

There was one out there back then (this is 8months + ). The problem with it was one i see allot on drive by wire tunes. They tweak the map to make the car FEEL fast.

We tried it out on a few of my buddies cars. It was not smooth like stock. It also was REALLY hard off the line 50% throttle was right about 99%. Well we took that map off and I started working on a stage 1. The problem is it was my first time doing a 32bit ecu. (Thanks friends for donoring cars =) ).

Well I built a very safe stage 1 map that 1 of my buddies does drive right now. When I seen mickyd's tune I really liked it so i asked if he cared if i built a stage 2 off of it. He was more then happy to have me working on it.

So I built my stage 2 off of it. Now I'm looking for more lgt's with more mods. I am very honest I've tuned STi's on stock turbos and WRX's with vf39's and 18g's and various other staged wrx's. I've not done any of the cars I'm asking for. I also am not affraid to admit when I'm not sure about something and I also will post all logs up. I just want to get more roms out there for people to work with.

also looking for 08 wrx's ;) and the willingness to buy a cable.

Sorry for the long winded intro here, I just feel it's good for someone to know atleast the background of someone tuning there car. There is no charge I do accept BEER donations.

Stage 2.5: Stage 2 plus a header, cat back exhaust, intercooler upgrade, further upgraded ECU map/tune

Stage 3: Stage 2.5 plus upgraded turbo, and stock fuel system

Stage 3.5: Stage 2.5 plus upgraded turbo and upgraded fuel system

I'm going to speak to my sponsor and see if we can get free dyno time to do these tunes.

Damn, why are all of the cool people elsewhere!!??

If you're ever in the MA area and feel the itch to tune... LEMME KNOW!! :lol:

Once my car gets out of the shop I'm going to try out your Stage 2 maps. Probably starting out with Rev 3 and working my way back to Rev 1 for more boost.

Yeah, they are both on C.O.S.

Thorne tuned my car to STG 2 a couple months ago. Car is as smooth and stock-like as you could imagine....until you get in it, then you better hold on! I forgot to tell you Bill, my car broke traction from a 15 MPH roll on damp pavement last week, that was quite an experience! Bill is a stand up guy, and he means it when he says he'll tell you if he knows something or not, and he prefers Guinness, barley chilled 8^)

Yeah, they are both on C.O.S.

Thorne tuned my car to STG 2 a couple months ago. Car is as smooth and stock-like as you could imagine....until you get in it, then you better hold on! I forgot to tell you Bill, my car broke traction from a 15 MPH roll on damp pavement last week, that was quite an experience! Bill is a stand up guy, and he means it when he says he'll tell you if he knows something or not, and he prefers Guinness, barley chilled 8^)

Guinness I can afford, ideal is 6C for draught, so he likes it warmer then that?

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Yeah, If I am unable to do something I will admit it. My pride does not over power the my desire to protect peoples cars. I've got another tuner here in columbus that I bnc things off when I'm not sure. But basic upgrades off a good staged map are not to diffcult if you know how to do it.

Sorry for the late reply I've been really busy lately.

• 3 weeks later...
Big as you like, but you aren't going to come anywhere close to maxing it out. Essentially any turbo upgrade on a LGT should have upgraded fuel components in mind.

Think a 35r with a 10 psi actuator would work?:lol:

Well maybe you would have to step down to a 9 psi actuator.

how big of a turbo can you run with the stock fuel system?

Big as you like, but you aren't going to come anywhere close to maxing it out. Essentially any turbo upgrade on a LGT should have upgraded fuel components in mind.

Think a 35r with a 10 psi actuator would work?:lol:

Well maybe you would have to step down to a 9 psi actuator.

And where, in relation to Columbus, Ohio, are you three from?

:rolleyes::spin:

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Archived