LegacyGT.com

not another 235 vs 225 thread

naimouasta

ok so i was going to wait till spring but i curbed the hell out of my stockers in a little incident. i have a set of 18X8 rota formula mesh in the basement already but i'm stuck on what tire size to get.

225/40/18 or 235/40/18? i know there are a bunch of threads about these two sizes but i still haven't been able to decide. i'm getting allseasons and the kuhmo asx seem to be the best bang for the buck tire out there. i knew i was set on 235's but on tirerack theres a $72 price difference between the two sizes for a set. are the 235's worth the extra money? a couple threads, i saw that 235/40/18's are closer to stock in circumference? using one of those tire calculators it shows that 225/40/18's actually are closer to stock, is that wrong?

visually i think 235's look nicer because they were in general more meaty looking. but looking at a bunch of pictures the difference between the two were minimal probably because actual tire sizes between manufacturers are slightly different?

i'm kinda rambling but i guess my question is are the 235's worth the $72 when considering; ride quality, rim protection, performance, looks, etc etc...

Archived