LegacyGT.com

Steering Wheel Wear?

spect2k

Hello,

I have noticed that my steering wheel on my 08 spec B is starting to wear pretty badly at only 17K miles. Below are some pictures. I am taking the car in on tuesday for the safety recall, do you guys think this is something worth mentioning as a warranty item? For goodness sakes it looks like I get in the car with chemicals on my hands. This is only on the left side, not anywhere else. (sorry for quality of pictures, cell phone)

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i35/spect2k/IMG00081.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i35/spect2k/IMG00082.jpg

^ I have the dark interior, and I have the same problem. No problems with the wheel though. Do you wear a ring or anything that would be rubbing on it?

I've actually put a "hole" in my carpeting already (8k miles). Spot on the edge near the driver's door where my heel rubs when I get in the car rubbed all the carpet off the backing.

The interior is really piss poorly done in the LGT, might actually be enough reason for me to not buy another Subaru.

^ I have the dark interior, and I have the same problem. No problems with the wheel though. Do you wear a ring or anything that would be rubbing on it?

I've actually put a "hole" in my carpeting already (8k miles). Spot on the edge near the driver's door where my heel rubs when I get in the car rubbed all the carpet off the backing.

The interior is really piss poorly done in the LGT, might actually be enough reason for me to not buy another Subaru.

ive almost worn a hole through my 1" think all weather floor mats in ~4k miles

I have a wear mark there as well @ 16k but i believe it showed up much earlier. I agree the interior quality is sub par but i bought the car for the awd / engine not the interior quality. However I agree, Interior quality should be better.

ive almost worn a hole through my 1" think all weather floor mats in ~4k miles

:eek:

My steering wheel doesn't have much wear, but it's really difficult to keep clean. Also, the stitching on the right has come undone and the thread is just hanging there (annoys the crap out of me).

Archived