LegacyGT.com

ej20r with no horses

ptango

Quick update i didn't remove the cat in the midpipe cos of the oxygen sensor. i just removed the resonator. and replaced it with a straight pipe to the stock muffler. i also found something with a cable on the muffler. the steel cable was leading into the boot, but thats where it had snapped. i replaced it. but what is it and how do you tell if its working.

also i get a weak idle about 500 and my turbo starts to spool at about 3k. the legacy doesnt have the guts it used to, i have taken off the bov thought that maybe it is leaking. no difference. but when performing an ecu reset the idling is at 1K and the car seems more responsive. but once i unplug the connectors it becomes sick. i have zero codes on the ecu. PLEASE HELP. thanks.

Oh ok i appreciate the input all the same. i looked at the cat and it doesnt look very restrictive. its just meshed guess thats why i left it. so my primary is boosting like a charm, and starts at about 2600. after i modified the valve in the stock muffler to be open permanently instead of just in secondary mode. my only real problem is my secondary it doesnt seem to boost, i end up driving on just my primary. i'm getting a boost gauge soon.

The more flow the better on a turbo, the better (i know a guy with an SR20 powered drag gar, he's got a 5" straight pipe after the turbo!). But on a twin turbo, you blow turbo's like that, the primary specifically, cause it get's over worked. Which is exaclty what i suspect you've done. You should be well on boost by 2000 rpm, and should be hauling ass once past 4500 when you get to secondary.

And the cable in the boot is for your dual entry muffler. It opens up once on secondary to allow more stuff through

What i recommend you do is this

But i'd say that wouldn't I... :p

Archived