LegacyGT.com

My 08 Stage1 Spec.B on the Dyno - Cobb V2 and interesting results!

EFI Logics

40 is fairly cool but I don't think it would make a big difference. Maybe you just got a factory freak. I came from the MINI community where the Cooper S motor was rated at 163HP. Some people struggled to make 130 at the wheels stock, some people make high 150's. It just depends on that car sometimes.:iam: Oh, and your shop fan is quite obnoxious.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just went stage 1 tonight. After owning the car for almost a year, this car has put the smile on my face I had when I had my old STi. Happy, happy. Now I guess it's time to find a downpipe. :)

I'm about to take this step myself. Was the AP able to save your stock ECM map? And if it did, can you then transfer it to say your computer?

I'm about to take this step myself. Was the AP able to save your stock ECM map? And if it did, can you then transfer it to say your computer?

The AP saves your stock rom, but, you are not able to save it to your PC.. Don't really see a need to, if you ever have any issues, Cobb has some world class tech support in which they will help you out.

So far, I love the Cobb Stage 1 map, I have about 2800 miles on the car, and it's been great.. Time for my Stage 2 suspension to go on now, it just arrived :D

Thanks. I had my ECM reflashed to fix the stutter (it seems to be gone) and would hate to lose the new map in case I need to go back to stock.

If you mean you had it reflashed from Subaru, so did I.. Let me tell you, doesn't shine a candle to what Cobb's reflash did.

If you mean you had it reflashed from Subaru, so did I.. Let me tell you, doesn't shine a candle to what Cobb's reflash did.

Yup. I just did mine on Friday and I'm really liking it so far. I just want to make certain that I'll be able to flash back to the updated Subaru reflash instead of the older one should the need arise.

It'll be interesting to see what you'll be able to do once you ProTune it.

I just flashed Cobb's OTS stg 1 map w/ a catless UP, and I was pretty surpised at the minimal power increase. I did notice a little smoother powerband & throttle response on my first test run..

That said, a couple days later, as I was told might happen, the car has come alive a bit more.. Power in the low & mid range has jumped up quite a bit, and I will say from the first run to now it's a different car (~3 days)..

FWIW, I have no real data only road time, but I might get the car back on the dyno after a couple days to see if anything has changed..

if you don't want to wait... use at own risk

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3195353&postcount=1

EFI,

When is your CObb Stage 2 suspension going on? I'm really curious about ride comfort/drop/etc. with the springs. I have the Sways.....they transformed the car.

Joe

As soon as I have time.. Which is looking like the Christmas time frame. :rolleyes:

I have an 07 that just went to stage 2, I am subscribing to see if you throw CEL P0244 on the OTS Cobb stage 2 map like I do.

Does this happen just from normal driving or under any specific conditions? Have you reset it? Are you able to do any data logging?

I have an 07 that just went to stage 2, I am subscribing to see if you throw CEL P0244 on the OTS Cobb stage 2 map like I do.

P0422 is a cat efficiency code, correct? If it is, try and drive on it for a single long drive. Maybe you have to heat the cat to the point where it will start to burn off hydrocarbon and then it could be reset. Either that, or a rediness test may have to be completed.

Its a turbo solenoid wastegate performance issue, IE, overboost apparently.

Happens at peak boost in 3-5 gear, I hit 18.4+ psi and the computer goes into limp mode and throws that CEL. Thought it was intake so I went to stock and still got it after numerous ecu resets. I am hopefully going to get Infamous to tune it in the next couple weeks so I can see what stage 2 can really do!

^ n00bs below this line

I got my AccessPORT today and wasted no time flashing the stage I map. If it wasn't for this post, I probably wouldn't have done this so soon. My car only has 2300 miles on it.

I can't believe how much more SMOOTH the car drives. And the extra torque is a big improvement for 6th gear at 70mph. I've hacked up a vent clip-on air freshener and made a holder out of it. (Post describing it HERE)

Two weeks after I took delivery, I had the ECU reflashed for the stutter, and it was a major improvement. I didn't think it would get any better than it was, but I was wrong. If there is one word to describe this map, it is SMOOTH.

Dave

I'm going to work on the stage 1 tune this week for my car. I love Cobb's map, much better, but I want to get a little more out of her.. I'll post up the results.

Right now this is Stock vs. Cobb ST1:

Link to map

http://efilogics.com/dyno/graph.php?runid1=87&runid2=88&hp=1&torque=1&gb=0

http://efilogics.com/dyno/graph.php?runid1=87&runid2=88&afr=1&boost=1&gb=0

- Chris

Archived