LegacyGT.com

how many miles do u get out of 1 full tank? MPG?

Here's a good place to post this. How is it that my old, 98 Outback with 217,000 miles is getting 30 MPG on the highway (425+ miles / 15.9 gal tank.) That's HIGHER than the mpg rating of the car when it was new... and back then I thought those were usually HIGH estimates...?!

I mean, that's like 4 mpg better than the NEW 2.5i base-model Subarus. I just don't understand how they haven't made any progress in the last ten years. In fact, they're going BACKWARDS! Someone explain this to me!

27-28mpg measured combined driving consistantly on 87 octane with the tires at 40psi. Car is all stock LGT with Kumho MX's and manual tranny. Mostly use I setting with the occational S# to get into traffic. Car has 23k miles on it and is now 10 months old.

jack

Do you seriously put 87 octane in there? You must not get into the turbo much.Looks like mostly highway miles too which will drastically increase your mileage. For a 30 mile highway trip I "Averaged" 37 mpg. I filled right after getting on the highway and again before getting off the highway. That was a crazy trip.

Here's a good place to post this. How is it that my old, 98 Outback with 217,000 miles is getting 30 MPG on the highway (425+ miles / 15.9 gal tank.) That's HIGHER than the mpg rating of the car when it was new... and back then I thought those were usually HIGH estimates...?!

I mean, that's like 4 mpg better than the NEW 2.5i base-model Subarus. I just don't understand how they haven't made any progress in the last ten years. In fact, they're going BACKWARDS! Someone explain this to me!

i guess you can say more power in the newer models and so the more the power the worse the economy.....i mean....just my opinion.......

but many old vehicles are seaid to average 30 or higher with mpg than the new cars do, plus remember,(not sure if this is entirely correct) but back from i guess 2000 and earlier the cars didn't have as many electronics and gadgets sucking power off the battery/ alternator as they do now, I mean who heard of windshield wiper defrosters in 98.....no me(then again I was like 10 years old back then)

I've Crashed My ROFLChopper into a LOLCanOhttp://legacygt.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16939&dateline=1230531251

i guess you can say more power in the newer models and so the more the power the worse the economy.....i mean....just my opinion.......

but many old vehicles are seaid to average 30 or higher with mpg than the new cars do, plus remember,(not sure if this is entirely correct) but back from i guess 2000 and earlier the cars didn't have as many electronics and gadgets sucking power off the battery/ alternator as they do now, I mean who heard of windshield wiper defrosters in 98.....no me(then again I was like 10 years old back then)

But... the new car's AREN'T more powerful... its 170 hp vs 165... so a 5 HP increase. Additionally, I've got huge fog lights (and I ALWAYS drive with both fogs and headlights on), heated wipers, heated mirrors, heated seats, and a carputer hooked straight to the battery and a 7" touch screen hooked up to the cigarette lighter AND on occasion I might turn on the 200W amp hooked up to the external speakers...

On long drives I ALWAYS have the lights/fogs on and the carputer running... so I don't think that less power drain can explain it. And I've got practically the same power as the new base model cars. I just don't get it. You'd think that in 10 years time the new engines would at LEAST be more efficient to the point of getting the SAME mileage with more power drain... not worse!

Best I have ever gotten has been 26.998 MPG, mostly all freeway at about 70-85MPH.

Worst has been 19.1 MPG on the first tank with the glee of having a turbo car again.

Right now with about 6k miles on the clock with 70% city and about 30% freeway I get about 21-22 MPG, depending on how heavy my right foot gets.

This is with a manual ’08 GT.

duudes, go to you tube, type in --> my legacy gt gets more than 26mpg you'll see my LGT hit 30mpg....with techno music in the background of course..and me yelling like I am about to orgasm......saad....I know
I've Crashed My ROFLChopper into a LOLCanOhttp://legacygt.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16939&dateline=1230531251

27-28mpg measured combined driving consistantly on 87 octane with the tires at 40psi. Car is all stock LGT with Kumho MX's and manual tranny. Mostly use I setting with the occational S# to get into traffic. Car has 23k miles on it and is now 10 months old.

jack

87 octane on your LGT? how does that drive? i havent heard many people using regular

you should really be asking what our MPG is like rather than over all tank mileage since each of us fills up at different points...that being said I'm usually around 370 miles for my "Tank" and average about 22-23 mpg

Eric

Why does it matter if we fill the tank up when its half way or almost empty?

Why does it matter if we fill the tank up when its half way or almost empty?

beats me....???:confused::confused: I would take a guess in saying that I don't know

usualli 330 miles to the gallon ....this on a bone stock 2009 2.5i with a manual tranny =]

:lol:I wish I could get 330 miles to the GALLON with my manual tranny, can you share with me what kind of fuel you are using, is it some kind of regenerating bio fuel:lol:

sorry, i had to pick on it:D

87 octane on your LGT? how does that drive? i havent heard many people using regular

It drives fine. All OBD II cars must be able to run on any fuel available in the US. I think that's 86 or even lower. The LGT will cut boost and pull timing if I stand on it in S#, but it's completely safe. For track use, a tank of 93 to purge out the 87 works fine and then a fillup at the track brings all the performance back.

I don't need a rocketship (my Cobra meets that need). I wanted the better rear diff and a bit more power than a N/A car. It suits my needs fine in I most of the time.

jack

Archived