LegacyGT.com

LGT FOR A EVO TRADE? yah or hay

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so how many of you have actually driven both cars? and i do not mean a test drive.

i have, the evo mops the floor with the LGT.... It just does everything good!

a little too good cause the suspension is hard for daily duty, its comfort vs brute force.

i think most of the people who say YES the LGT can be or is as good as an EVO has never been in an EVO.

Yes you can make the power an EVO makes stock but it will cost you ALOT (My 2006 Evolution IX SE was 4,000 cheaper then my new LGT) YES a stage2 LGT is just as fast if not faster then a Stock EVO. but a stage2 EVO will eat a stage2 LGT for lunch

YES you can make the LGT handle like a stock EVO but it defeats the purpose of owning a LGT.

i have owned both and i will admit on the weekend the EVO was ALOT funner. but as an every day car it is horrible, you can not even have a conversation in the EVO i have driven dump trucks with a quieter ride. i have also driven dump trucks with a more supple suspension. there Were times i had to check my fillings to make sure they were still in there when i got home.

i can go on and on WHY not to buy the EVO.I can not find a reason why not to buy an LGT so far. but I have only put 3,000 miles on mine(made it past the dreaded 260 mark)

I love my LGT for what it was made for. My LGT will never be able to replace the EVO, for what it was made to for.

:rolleyes:

I think you'll need more than an accessport to validate that statement. You need a spec.B badge. Oh and paint "brembo" on your stock calipers.

On paper comparing 05 LGT to 05 EVO IX.

3300 #s vs 3263 for the EVO

250 Hp vs 276 for the EVO

13.2 #s per HP vs 11.8 for the EVO.

So the LGT needs 280 Hp to have the same 11.8 ratio.

Both have 5 Spds, I'm not sure about the gearing.

Easily obtainable with the Accessport.

The newer EVO is much heavier and slower.

There is no comparison in handling or braking.

Although many have installed Brembos on the LGT.

I purchased my 05 LGT new for $23,000 (not limited) plus Tax as a leftover.

I could have gotten an 05 EVO IX leftover $27,000.

The EVO is a punishing ride here on NY streets.

The interior is garbage.

But I love the quick turn in, handling and brakes.

I think I'm going to keep the LGT and pickup a used modified GSX

for around the $4K I saved.

Yes you can make the power an EVO makes stock but it will cost you ALOT (My 2006 Evolution IX SE was 4,000 cheaper then my new LGT) YES a stage2 LGT is just as fast if not faster then a Stock EVO. but a stage2 EVO will eat a stage2 LGT for lunch.

I will simply say I beg to differ. Although I am not saying the LGT is faster. ;)

Don't kid yourself, an older GSX will NOT handle as well as an Evo without extensive mods as well. Straight line however, no problem :)

I love the idea of having a "race" car.. in fact, I have a 92 gsx project with my friend that we race instead of modding our existing cars too much more.

there is a reason why you bought the LGT over the evo in the first place.

if those reasons are no longer valid, get the evo.

that said... i dont think i'd ever own one only because having a car with 4 doors with a ride that punishing pretty much makes the car useless for passenger duty.

it's like marrying a supermodel with herpes.

car for sale. PM me!

On paper comparing 05 LGT to 05 EVO IX.

3300 #s vs 3263 for the EVO

250 Hp vs 276 for the EVO

13.2 #s per HP vs 11.8 for the EVO.

So the LGT needs 280 Hp to have the same 11.8 ratio.

Both have 5 Spds, I'm not sure about the gearing.

Easily obtainable with the Accessport.

The newer EVO is much heavier and slower.

There is no comparison in handling or braking.

Although many have installed Brembos on the LGT.

I purchased my 05 LGT new for $23,000 (not limited) plus Tax as a leftover.

I could have gotten an 05 EVO IX leftover $27,000.

The EVO is a punishing ride here on NY streets.

The interior is garbage.

But I love the quick turn in, handling and brakes.

I think I'm going to keep the LGT and pickup a used modified GSX

for around the $4K I saved.

uh yeah they did not make a 2005 IX i hope you mean a 2006 IX since the 2005 was VIII and 289hp for the evo not 276 LGT GVW is 3500

I will simply say I beg to differ. Although I am not saying the LGT is faster. ;)

hmmm what stage are you? cause your only .1 faster then a stock evo. stage two evo will do low 11's. Well i am sure mitsubishi can afford a real driver to get the 12.9 1/4 mile time.so i guess its unfair that i compare your times to a proffesional driver.

hmmm what stage are you? cause your only .1 faster then a stock evo. stage two evo will do low 11's. Well i am sure mitsubishi can afford a real driver to get the 12.9 1/4 mile time.so i guess its unfair that i compare your times to a proffesional driver.

Im sure you are much smarter than that :) Stock EVO's won't come anywhere near that at my local track. The last TBE EVO I ran at the track was back about 7-8 cars. My buddy has a 06' IX TBE, FMIC and cams. His best time was a 13.3 with a respectable 1.8 60ft. On the same setup running E85 he could only manage a 12.8 @ 108.

Im sure you are much smarter than that :) Stock EVO's won't come anywhere near that at my local track. The last TBE EVO I ran at the track was back about 7-8 cars. My buddy has a 06' IX TBE, FMIC and cams. His best time was a 13.3 with a respectable 1.8 60ft. On the same setup running E85 he could only manage a 12.8 @ 108.

wow sounds like california drivers need to learn how to drive cause the stock ones at Pacific Raceways are doing mid 13's

wow sounds like california drivers need to learn how to drive cause the stock ones at Pacific Raceways are doing mid 13's

I was wrong :redface:

Producing quick times at the track has more to do then having a good driver. Ever hear of Density Altitude, I am guessing not....

it depends how far you want to take the lgt, stage II lgt is a great car. The level of idiocy i've taken to my car I might as well of had a better platform, which the evo is in every way. But i still like having the unique factor.
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

Amongst the Legacy GT crowd we have the Spec.Bs which have engines hand-built by Chuck Norris.

'the hell does EVO have on that, huh? Tell me!

spec.B engines are not hand-built by Chuck Norris. spec.B engines are hand-built FOR Chuck Norris.

They still, however, perform better than anything on the road. That includes the GT-R that broke production records at the Ring.

Those are horrible times. It sounds to me like they don't know much about efficient shift points.

A stock Evo IX should be in the high 12's with a good driver. Very low 13's (13 flats) with crappy 60' times.

Anyway, this thread took a turn from slightly entertaining to downright ridiculous. Are we seriously still comparing a road course prepped production vehicle to a performance mid-size sedan?

If you want to go fast from the get go, and easily much faster within the first couple of stages, get Evo.

If you want a more comfortable ride, with potential, and don't care about lower overall track times stock per stock, get a Legacy GT.

If you want to be awesome, get a spec.B.

'Nuff said. :cool:

Those are horrible times. It sounds to me like they don't know much about efficient shift points.

A stock Evo IX should be in the high 12's with a good driver. Very low 13's (13 flats) with crappy 60' times.

Sounds like someone has done a little too much magazine racing :rolleyes:

How many times have you been down the strip? I have over 100 passes in the LGT alone. I've seen enough EVO's to know what they run locally, from stock turbos to gt35r powered ones.

I'm going with Eddie.

This thread has become stupid..

I'll vouch for Eddie in my own Evo 8 I did better than that stock for times. Maybe in SoCal where you can't get 93 octane and it's hot outside it hurts the general performance of the car.

Oh well, again, an Evo was built to race, the LGT is built to be a nice performance sedan.. and that's what it is.

infamous... tell them about LACR. maybe they'll understand. if not, all hope is lost.

these guys think nobody in socal can drive :( I know I can't but I've seen people that can.

people lose 2 whole seconds at LACR because the attributes of the area (and the track) are terrible. the rest of socal is not much better. 91 octane is just the beginning.

car for sale. PM me!

Archived