LegacyGT.com

Looking at 2005 LGT Limited 96k miles!

yakswak

Hi guys!

I need your help. I'm looking at a 2005 LGT limited that has 96k miles on the odometer. Dealer says 90k mile service has been completed. I know timing belt is coming up at 105k miles. I have no idea what if any of the wheel bearings have been replaced (but there's a 8yr/100k mi warranty on that now? I guess I gotta listen real hard in the next 4k miles).

The VIN is this: 4S3BL676654207117. I was hoping someone with dealer connections could pull up service history for me. Any unusual warranty issues, whether regular maintenance had been performed, etc.

Other than that, I've got the price right now at 11.6k$. I guess it's not too shabby. Or is it?

Anything else I should be worried about?

BTW I'm coming over from a 2000 S2000 that i just sold with only 41k miles on the odometer. I don't expect to put too many miles on this suby. It will be weekend only as I commute on train and I'll use it for skiing, etc. Probably about 5k to 7.5k miles per year. That's why I'm looking at high mileage cars that have depreciated a lot... Thanks all to your help in advance!!

Im not sure how much a new turbo would be, you can get them slightly used for a couple hundred and id say you could get it installed for 200 bucks so 400-600. If you bought a new turbo through the dealer i dont know how much they charge. As far as the price i would try and get closer to the 1k mark, i paid 16k for my 05 with 35kmiles on it. But mine isnt a limited but still 60kmiles less is alot.

Is it really only $600 for a new turbo? I guess that means I need to do a preemptive strike on replacing the turbo lest I get stranded on the road.

I will try to get closer to 10k mark, I think it might be possible as it is nearly impossible to move this car for them. They've had it for 1.5 months as far as I know. I finally told the manager if they get fed up and are about to go to auction to call me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived