LegacyGT.com

Silver GT in Knoxville.

Grayson Subaru is right across the street from me and I happen to see a new outback Atlantic blue with silver molding on my way to the grocery tonight. So I naturally had to stalk down there tonight and check it out... but behold the spectacular glory that sat in the lot when I got there! A GT limited silver/black!!! (Their inventory number 1705) I was once slightly worried that the... umm... front and back things... would detract from the big picture. I was very wrong. Not that they make it look better, as I don't have anything to compare it to except pictures. I wouldn't have thought about it had I not known there was a difference. It looks great! The stance is aggressive, especially compared to any accord or maxima, not overweight like those cars. Granted it is an auto but that doesn't really affect my first impressions of its looks. If I had some qualms I would have to say that (at least on the silver) the yellow reflectors should go. Also, if one were to add 18" wheels it might add some substance to the overall look. However, the brakes are plenty evident on the front and fill the wheel nicely. The interior looked great. I really can't say much since I wasn't in it but it looks well layed out. The back seat leg room does look a bit limited... but hey.. the people in the back won't be worried about the leg room as they hold on around the corners. After all addition charges it was $32+. They added something on the dealer sticker that said "AMV ...... $1995.00". I can't figure this out but I'm going to go back and check it out. It said something about performance options.?. Sorry it's not a test drive but I'm just so thrilled I with the real thing that I might just have to trade in my wife's car to get one... hmm... maybe not the best idea but I'll come up with a way. :D

Ahh.. thank you. I went back for some numbers: GT limited w/ auto, subwoofer, floor mats, auto mirror, and destination $30781.00 The dealer sticker added: Additional Specialty Equipment Environmental Protection Package (basically undercoating etc.) $999.00 Total AMV ..... $1995.00 For a total Dealer price of $32,776.00 So if my New Math is correct that's $996 added on for absolutely nothing and $999 for the Environmental Protection Package (which I'm pretty sure has nothing to do with protecting the environment but rather (and supposedly at that) protecting the car from the environment.

Google the dealership, especially on NASIOC.com, the Subaru MECA. They may have a reputation of this. I'd suggest looking elsewhere if you can. Many people are getting the cars for around $500 over invoice.

[quote name='SUBE555']That's a nice check for one week. BTW Preston, what it the going rate on average for salesman (%-wise) if you don't mind me asking?[/quote] 25% of profit seems common around here, but heavy rebate brands may have other stipulations. Subaru dealer here (also Kia, Suzuki, Isuzu- the Vowel/Bowel brands) had the same I believe and a guaranteed minimum of $150. So in a VIP situation, salesman would get half of the $300 dealer holdback. This was a big sign that they come far off of MSRP and would have many $150 commissions at least on new cars. That and many other factors were why I didn't go there.

Don't forget that Subaru has a 3% holdback on MSRP, so the dealer will make money even if they sell you the car at invoice. Now, I'm not one of those "beat the dealer up for every penny" people. Life's too short for that. Pursuant to the 18-inch wheel comment, for some reason, when you see the cars in person, the proportions of the body (at least with the 2.5is I saw) make the 16s look TINY. So I don't think your eyes are deceiving you. A guy over on NASIOC is taking delivery of an Atlantic Blue GT Limited this week or next, he thinks/hopes. He's done the deal, apparently. Kevin

The GT Limited that I ordered is showing in inventory at Lancaster County Motors (Lancaster, PA) with a sticker of $29,405. It is a 5 speed and is silver with the black if anyone is interested. I ended up buying a Volvo S60R before the Legacy arrived. Don't flame me but I like it. Good luck.

[quote name='Magoon']The GT Limited that I ordered is showing in inventory at Lancaster County Motors (Lancaster, PA) with a sticker of $29,405. It is a 5 speed and is silver with the black if anyone is interested. I ended up buying a Volvo S60R before the Legacy arrived. Don't flame me but I like it. Good luck.[/quote] :flames Magoon: :P

Archived