LegacyGT.com

Legacy 2.5i suspension upgrades??

I have an '08 legacy 2.5i and i had just put on some 18x7.5 enkei rims with 225/40 tires. loooks great and i was planning to just buy lowering springs afterward, but what happened was, the setup actually closed the wheel gap in the rear and and slightly increased it in the front. (great if youre running the baja 1000,haha) but now im forced to buy coilovers to raise the rear a little and lower the front. A friend of mine had sort of the same problem with his sti and fixed it with coilovers. I guess that happens with subies. My question is, is there anything besides coilovers that i can do? and also, does anyone else have a problem with their legacy sagging just a little over the left rear tire???

most cars have a slightly higher ride height in the front for steering clearance, it may just be more obvious now with the larger wheels. for the most part springs will probably even out the ride height.

you can look around in the suspension forum for different setups available. there's also a wiki article with the different drops provided (though some of the actual numbers may vary) but it's a good estimate

http://subiwiki.com/wiki/index.php/BL_%282005-2009%29#Handling_Modifications

pretty much all the suspension components are the same between the 2.5i and the GT so anything for the GT should work with the exception of a few components, namely the front sway bar off the top of my head. also in the NA forum a bunch of 2.5i owners have discussed suspension and performance options.

(possibly move this thread to suspension?)

all suspension upgrade available for the LGT will work on the 2.5i legacy except for front swaybars and the cusco front lower armbar. the are 2.5i specific front sways that fit your car. other than that. you can pretend you car is a gt and get whatever you want for suspension stuff.

• 3 months later...

Archived