LegacyGT.com

Factory rustproofing underbody goo?

The car's underbody comes from factory covered with some rust proofing goo. I noticed that it rubed off in few spots likely due car being put on garage lifts.

I'd like to fill in missing spots - does anyone know what to use?

Rubberized undercoating from Eastwood is what you want if you can get the factory stuff. I've used it on different cars I've owned and its excellent bar none. I have the spray gun and wand for applying it.

subau has underbody coating as a recall for the BE chassis. if you go to the dealer you can get a bottle of it.

Thanks for the tip! Getting one from KOP. The question will be how to apply it...

Don't forget about corrosion-proofing the rest of your car also.

I spray Corrosion Block all over the engine bay - particularly the battery terminals. I got hooked on this stuff because my parents have sold it for years and it's always done an amazing job of keeping the Mercruiser engine our ski boat super-clean.

If anyone wants a discount, mention LegacyGT.com and I'll have them give you 10% off a can.

http://www.nocorrosion.com/cart/

(mods - if this is inappropriate let me know - I'm not sure what the vendor rules are for this forum, but I just saw this topic and thought it might be helpful to people)

Archived