LegacyGT.com

radio static?

jimmyjtn

'09 legacy with only like 200 miles on it.

I notice when listening to music that some songs have a crackling noise in the background. It's nothing huge but little things like that bug the crap out of me. It's still the same with the rear defrost on or off.

I though at first the radio reception wasn't that great, but it does the same thing with mp3 cd's. it's not every song either, some will be fine while others won't be. Anyone else have this problem? should i bring it back in to the dealer to get looked at. It's new! my old '97 hyundai elantra didnt even have crackles lol

edit: i forgot to mention that the crackles stop when i fade the music to the rear of the car. so i'm guessing it has to do with the front speakers

try and fade the music to only use the front, if it's there, fade to the back. gone?

if so.

Fade to left front only. if it's there, switch to left rear. same with right side.

Crank up the bass and turn treble down and see if it's bass or treble doing the scratching.

May want to try a bass heavy song with bass maxed, and like a guitar heavy song with treble cranked.

it does sound like it could possibly be a bad speaker. or two.

i was going to say it may be a bad connection, could still be, but when you said you fade to back and it's not there... makes me think speakers.

and if you can reproduce it, take it to a dealer.

sounds like the speakers.

actually, just thought of something simple. what do you have in your door pockets? possible if you have papers, or cd's you are hearing them vibrate?

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

try and fade the music to only use the front, if it's there, fade to the back. gone?

if so.

Fade to left front only. if it's there, switch to left rear. same with right side.

Crank up the bass and turn treble down and see if it's bass or treble doing the scratching.

May want to try a bass heavy song with bass maxed, and like a guitar heavy song with treble cranked.

it does sound like it could possibly be a bad speaker. or two.

i was going to say it may be a bad connection, could still be, but when you said you fade to back and it's not there... makes me think speakers.

and if you can reproduce it, take it to a dealer.

I was actually doing this on my way home on the mass pike.

faded rear to front and left to right. Was able to find the problem child. It's the front right speaker that's making the crackling sound. Stopped by the dealer and he said he would call me back tomorrow after he speaks with service. bleh. now i have to come into work late again.

I already left work early twice to do car stuff. oh wellll. I need my music

Archived