LegacyGT.com

GT steering wheel w/ stereo controls

thespeter

I am convinced the LLBean has an outboard amp as well. My bro has the OEM sub like I do - but, at volume '10', we cannot talk over the music in his. You have to get the LGT to '20' or higher for that. The model # on the radio is the same, so I think there may be an amp module somewhere. My bro's stereo shakes his side mirrors. Mine doesn't....yet. ;)

The LL Bean doesn't have an amp, but maybe the gain on his sub is turned way up??

The VDC wagon actually has a sub in the cargo area which sounds real nice.

Craig

I love my car, but there were two options I wanted desperately that it didn't come with: Auto-dimming mirror w/ HomeLink w/out compass (which is on the way), and stereo controls on the steering wheel.

<snip...>

Where did you find an Auto-dimming mirror with Homelink and no compass?

Thanks,

BigRob.

It's the overall volume, not just the sub. I used to sell and install these things for a living. The system I have has a very different volume structure than my bro's LLBean.

Maybe the LLBean has more insulation the doors, firewall, etc. This would make the system seem louder.

I would agree if the volume settings were close, but they are not. My bro's car gets ear-splitting loud at 15 on the volume setting. I have to get mine maxed out around 35 to get the same level. That screams AMP.

Where did you find an Auto-dimming mirror with Homelink and no compass?

Thanks,

BigRob.

I found the manufacturer's name in Automotive News--"Gentex." I went to their website and found the model number for what I wanted and then searched eBay for it. A word of caution, though: There is no wiring for it yet. I am hoping that the wiring for the factory accessory will match up, which doesn't come out until at least April. I would wait on spending your money until I can get it to work unless you want to void your warranty and do it yourself. I'll keep you posted if you like...

I found the manufacturer's name in Automotive News--"Gentex." I went to their website and found the model number for what I wanted and then searched eBay for it. A word of caution, though: There is no wiring for it yet. I am hoping that the wiring for the factory accessory will match up, which doesn't come out until at least April. I would wait on spending your money until I can get it to work unless you want to void your warranty and do it yourself. I'll keep you posted if you like...

please do keep us posted. autodimming, homelink and NO compass is the combination I'm looking for.

Thanks,

BigRob.

• 8 months later...

Hey BigRob_NH and others who are interested--

MIRROR:

I just had the mirror installed, and it works great. It turned out that I only had to buy the OEM accessory wiring harness and pay for a half-hour of labor to hook up the eBay-bought Gentex mirror w/out the compass. The part number for the harness is "H501SAG030" and it goes for $13.08.

STEREO WHEEL:

On the topic of the steering wheel w/ stereo controls, I have fabulous news! The limited edition B-Spec 3.0R comes with the black leather wheel w/ stereo controls. What does this mean to us? We can now order exactly what we want from the dealer. Once they have a part number for it, that is...I'll keep everyone posted.

Archived