LegacyGT.com

The Wait is killing me....

Backlash

Ok, first off this is NOT in anyway a bash/complaint on my dealer, or Subaru. I know this is the case when you order a car, just went through this with my Mom's Acadia last fall.

I've been looking to buy a new car since late last year, decided on the LGT, then all hell broke loose with Med bills and such for a bit. then i put it off.. etc.

So I finally decide to go ahead and order the Car late last month. I'm on the phone with the dealer and he tells me to expect the car in 7-10 weeks because i had just missed the cutoff for the Oct build dates... (which would put that car here just before Thanksgiving at the latest.)

Then he says he has an idea. the Subaru Rep for his area is there, and he talks to her and gets my car put on the Oct build list that i had just missed. So i should see my car the week of the 20th (this week)

Great!

2 weeks go by, and he sends me an email with an updated date of arrival. it's now the 27th.

a week goes by... another E-mail. the 31st...

yesterday i get yet another E-mail... Nov 6th. :icon_sad:

Each e-mail he sends me includes a Pdf from Subaru showing Vin#, options installed, Est build date, ship date, arrival date etc.

Now what has changed in the last e-mail is the "Railship Date" now has a date, and it was Oct 21st. Anyone know what Railship date means?

there is a part that says "Status: Shipped Rail" I assume that means the car is built and on it's way? :confused:

but if it's built, and shipped... 2 weeks? slow train.

I just can't seem to win here. Every day is slow, i hate driving my Blazer now knowing i have a LGT purchased. Garage is cleaned, space is all ready for it. Already ordered things for the LGT, which are here now waiting for the Car... and it's like every week i get told "yep another week added on to the wait"

I'm going to go insane waiting.

wait for it man, it will be worth the wait. i went through the same situation when i ordered a cobalt ss turbo last march. well when it hit june i was so fed up of waiting and driving a POS 91 integra that i decided to shop around. i went towards subaru for the wrx but fell in love with the LGT. 2 days later i got the call from the dealer that they located a 5spd in my color preference and thats all she wrote. I've driven and owned many cars and i must say this car is a keeper. the suspension is a little stiff and so is the shifter but not bad, just a little different than what im used to.

wait for it man, it will be worth the wait. i went through the same situation when i ordered a cobalt ss turbo last march. well when it hit june i was so fed up of waiting and driving a POS 91 integra that i decided to shop around. i went towards subaru for the wrx but fell in love with the LGT. 2 days later i got the call from the dealer that they located a 5spd in my color preference and thats all she wrote. I've driven and owned many cars and i must say this car is a keeper. the suspension is a little stiff and so is the shifter but not bad, just a little different than what im used to.

you did about the same thing i did... it all started with the WRX.

I went to the dealer, with my Dad which was odd... he only ever has liked GM stuff. I asked him if he'd go and check out the WRX with me. We get there, and he instantly starts in "so small" "cramped" "GM has 100k warranty" etc.

the Salesman asks me if i even looked at the LGT, i said no. somehow... he gets me and my Dad over to the LGT. my Dad almost immediately states he'd get the LGT over the WRX.

Salesman gets me to test drive the GT. (it's the newport blue, which i hate. Sorry if anyone likes it, and i hate white interior but thats me) get off the lot and as i'm checking out the car, i hit a pothole (Spokane has infamous potholes) a big pothole... and i feel it, but it's not bad. get back and now i'm doubting the WRX choice.

Walk over to the WRX and the salesman opens up a black one and off we go. Me and my dad's shoulders were like 2" apart... and of course my Dad keeps leaning over every time i try and shift.

I purposely hit that very pothole i hit in the LGT... Salesmans head hit the back glass. :lol:

the WRX felt so fun to drive, but the scoop (was an 07, when i was looking the 08's were just about to hit US) was HUGE and in my view half the time.

we get back and i redrive the LGT.

Have not looked back since. :cool:

Side note, the new Turbo Cobalt SS. I personally never wanted a Cobalt, my Cousin has a non SS one. I had a Sunfire GT, which the Cobalt is not much bigger, and i just didn't want one like that again. But... have you seen the new Car and Driver, the one with all the cars on the cover at the track.

the Cobalt BEAT the STI.... by like 6 seconds on the track. I about died reading that. and the EVO was like within 1 second of it, can't remember faster or slower. a Cobalt.... :eek:

but there's no AWD, so not even a choice for me.

Edit: found it. it's Car and driver, not R&T.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_lists/high_performance/features_classic_cars/the_lightning_lap_2008_feature

the lightning lap.

the results from the first page's pdf.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m11/thebacklash/lightninglap.jpg

yea i waited as long as i could but i couldn't hold out for the SS anymore. the numbers and figures it puts out are amazing for a 23k car. the interior is sub-par like all oher cobalts but the seats are preety nice. i still frequent the cobalt forums since i used to have to old SS and people are doing great thing with little modding. a tune and slicks and they're getting in the 12's on 1/4 mile runs. i love my LGT but sometimes i wish i had that zippy little cobalt.

OT but don't believe what you read in those magazines. The cars are driven by amateurs. The Cobalt beat the Elise by 3.6 seconds? I call bs. Cobalt SS hp/lb = 11.4 and Elise SC = 8.8. I'm not saying the Cobalt isn't fast, but it appears that it is much easier to drive than some other cars. Anyways, the STi beat the Evo X on Top Gear and Best Motoring. That goes to show what good drivers can do in fast cars.

t US)

Side note, the new Turbo Cobalt SS. I personally never wanted a Cobalt, my Cousin has a non SS one. I had a Sunfire GT, which the Cobalt is not much bigger, and i just didn't want one like that again. But... have you seen the new Car and Driver, the one with all the cars on the cover at the track.

the Cobalt BEAT the STI.... by like 6 seconds on the track. I about died reading that. and the EVO was like within 1 second of it, can't remember faster or slower. a Cobalt.... :eek:

but there's no AWD, so not even a choice for me.

Edit: found it. it's Car and driver, not R&T.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_lists/high_performance/features_classic_cars/the_lightning_lap_2008_feature

the lightning lap.

the results from the first page's pdf.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m11/thebacklash/lightninglap.jpg

I'm wondering why you guys ordered your LGTs instead of finding one off a lot? It's not like Subaru offers custom factory options that would make a built-to-order worth it ... :confused:

I took one off the lot. Met the salesman at noon, was in the car by 5:30. Car had 5 miles on it.

My only regret is not requesting they find me a black one. (At least, regret at the time. Now I sorely wish for a ruby red '09, which I spotted on the lot during my 22K service :p )

When I went to go find a White 08' LGT, they searched all surrounding states dealers for a white one, salesman told me that they probably didnt start making white ones yet, I inquired about a white 2008 lgt 5mt in early august of 2007. I test drove a DGM, it was ok, but i didnt want the OEM wing, and it made a wierd sound from the rear supension. and I really wanted a white LGT. So placed an order and took them 3 weeks to get the car, was originally estimated at 4-8 weeks before car was built.

I'm wondering why you guys ordered your LGTs instead of finding one off a lot? It's not like Subaru offers custom factory options that would make a built-to-order worth it ... :confused:

I took one off the lot. Met the salesman at noon, was in the car by 5:30. Car had 5 miles on it.

My only regret is not requesting they find me a black one. (At least, regret at the time. Now I sorely wish for a ruby red '09, which I spotted on the lot during my 22K service :p )

ZERO LGT's in driving distance in DGM 5MT, Homelink, etc. Driving distance being washington, idaho, oregon, montana. i know... i CALLED EVERY DEALER.

not ONE had either XM or Sirius radio installed. only one that did... was the light blue, and auto. i did eventually not get the Satellite radio in the LGT, but that was last minute after i had found the dealer and price.

oh wait... i'll take a pink car cause it's on the lot and has a 5mt. :lol:

oh yeah... and the ones on the lot, were being pushed at 1-2k under MSRP. i got mine 4k under. ordered. and EXACTLY how i want it.

every color option for the LGT... i dislike. except DGM.

i have 2 black cars IN my garage now... i HATE white interior...

leaves me 3 choices.

Black

DGM

and

QSM

again, not going to be black.

QSM, was 2nd choice. i like it, but... i can sit anywhere in town and count the silver cars drive by. the last few years EVERY car manufacturer has a silver car, and they are everywhere...

now if they would bring back the old dark blue the 05's had... i'd have a blue LGT.

I know that so many people here, will take anything off the lot and spend a ton of money to upgrade it to what they want... and pay more.

i won't. sure i could have bought from Farrish, saved me a little over 1k from his price he listed for Legacygt.com members and then ordered the parts to get what i wanted (at retail prices)

but i beat his price... and was able to order the extras cheaper. and installed with the FULL warranty from Subaru.

oh yeah... you forget that something like the Homelink mirror added AFTER the sale... is not covered under factory warranty. mine is. so is the Spoiler, the moonroof air deflector, which BTW... if it strips the paint away... guess what... COVERED. If purchased after the sale, is not covered at all.

one of the many reasons i order my things. I just hate the wait after i do.

I don't give in to impulse. maybe thats why i owe no money to anyone... Took me a full year to bring myself to write that big of a check for car, even though i have been wanting it.

and as for the Cobalt SS beating the other cars.

read the article.... its for the same reasons that everyone else points out.

EDIT:

and if you really want to, the Cobalt SS set the FWD record on the ring.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/10/28/officially-official-2008-chevy-cobalt-ss-bows-at-sema/

http://www.supercars.net/PitLane?viewThread=y&gID=3&fID=0&tID=10073

search for the Lotus Elise SC, 8:42. then search for the Cobalt SS, 8:22.

wait... that can't be right.... it's like Car and Driver said, the Cobalt SS beat it... again.

I'm not a Cobalt SS fan... i'd rather own the Lotus. but the Cobalt IS FAST, and yes, did beat the others.

yeah it's a GT.

somebody got a little carried away with the hood protector tape/film... lol

and it's not that great of a pic to begin with. Camera phone and it was raining a bit down there.

i resized it down so it would look halfway decent, you should see the full size pic... ugly.

EDIT: count the spokes, 6. GT. 5 would be 2.5i.

Archived