LegacyGT.com

a not so rockstar moment

So, I pull up to the light, and I see these two guys in a first gen DSM eyeing my car. They look to the back, and as their eyes move toward the front of the car they see the hood scoop, and their eyes open a little bit. :eek:

The driver is trying to get my attention, but little does he know he already has it. We make eye contact and he starts to rev it a bit. I shake him off, not really ready to put my baby through the brutal 3k clutch drop. But, after some persistence I change my mind...here goes nothing...

I see the left turn arrow turn yellow, then red. As its doing this, I'm holding it steady at about 2.5k. I let out the clutch...BOOM! I bog hard. :redface: And the DSM is off, but not really pulling too hard. So, I pursue and pass him in second gear around 45 mph. Its then I realize I didn't have to try so hard. His car doesn't appear to be modded, and its not even a GSX. I blitz by him, and let off around 60, having pulled 1-2 car lengths on him. but he comes charging hard and passes me, and decides that merely driving in front of me is good enough.

I let it slide, and slink down into my seat embarassed that I bogged so badly, knowing somewhere out there in the great cosmos a young kid is regaling others with his version of this story, how he pulled some guy in an LGT. I must now commit sepuku for bringing shame upon my car.

*shrug*

I got raced by a mazda millenia today, who will henceforth be referred to as "nutwad"

So nutwad is doing 55 in a 65 then slows down to about 25-30 on an exchange that I usually take at 60+, leisurely.

Nutwad *finally* gets past the onramp, I safely pull out to the left lane (2 lane) and go WOT in 3rd into a trooper-acceptable speed usual, passing him and another car in the right lane. Nutwad then gets behind me and tailgates me. 2 seconds later nutwad sharply jerks the steering wheel into the right lane (too bad it wasn't wet today) and pulls up besides me, pauses for a moment, and then procedes to accelerate to somewhere in the neightborhood of 100 in a 55.. Puts about 30 cars between us weaving through traffic before he decides to slow down. Nutwad thinks he has won the "race", I was hoping nutwad would "win" a ticket from troopers that are usually present in the area. I guess he thinks the legacy is slow now too, you'd think nutwad would notice that I'm not racing him when he gets 10 cars ahead with a few seconds. Funny the RS6 that I passed had no beef with me.....

well i got a 5EAT but i did test drive the 5spd and i am the driver that has not killed a 5spd car in years...whether it be test drives at acura subaru (wrx) or nissan but this one i kille 3 times.

My brother who is not as great a 5spd driver as me (by his own his admission) test drove the car without any problem . I was so embarrased.

Dont get too worked up over it...it'll all fall in place in time

Whoops...wrong forum. My bad. :redface: Offthacliff, I had to look up cdv. I don't think that was my problem. ;) Twisted, thanks for the vote of confidence, but I think I'll leave the racing to the kids whose parents can afford to pay their insurance. :D

What do you guys mean by blogged?

its bogged. Basically not giving the engine enough gas when letting off the clutch. It you let off too early with not enough gas, the car can bog down

and/or buck.

I take it you aren't a manual driver.

Archived