LegacyGT.com

Rotors different from 2005-2007 to 2008?

Bolksey85

My rear pads are looking a little low so I'm planning ahead of time. First off, I can find rotors listed for MY2005-2007 but nothing on 2008. And I should add, I want blanks. Nothing drilled, nothing slotted. Brembo blanks, OEM, whatever. If anything, I'd prefer OEM as I work for Benz and have a Subie dealer about a mile away. The dealer has an online store and offers the OE's, they're just listed as 2005-07. Second, it's been awhile since I did Legacy brakes and the last time wasn't on any newer ones. Is there any tricks for the rears, IE- rotate the piston to make it retract or any of that BS? Or is the simple and usual remove caliper, hang caliper, remove bracket, replace parts, do in reverse kinda thing? Thanks ahead of time, everybody.:)

Just did my rears 05GT, I use a C clamp to push the piston back in. Easy job, start to finish with road test and getting tools and putting them away took me 1 hour and 5 minutes in the driveway, no garage.

I use anti seize on the bolts and the green slider grease.

I bought LiteSpeed front rotors slotted about mid summer and installed them. I used OEM rear rotors that I bought from a member here, months ago. I installed Bendix ceramic pads on both.

IMO the 08's are to new to be in the normal books yet. I would think they are the same.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived