LegacyGT.com

Putting stock mufflers/cans back on = Retune??

polvo

I just got my new car today and I already decided that I can't live with the current exhaust note. The previous owner sent the complete stock exhaust with the car, so I thought about putting just the stock muffles back on. Would it be advisable to get retuned with just this minor change? Also, I guess I'd need some sort of reducer to mate up the two exhausts?

Any advice is appreciated.

2006 LGT Wagon - SZ49 turbo, Perrin front-mount intercooler, Perrin injectors, Cobb up-pipe, Cobb downpipe with cat, stromung cat-back, ecutek, etc etc...

Thanks!

what's the max whp number recorded on this forum through the stock ungutted mufflers? Local MA enforcement is def going to kill me this year with my setup unless i quiet it down bit.
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

Do you all know what I'd need to mate the stock cans to the aftermarket pipe? I think it's a cobb or stromung mid pipe, but I'm not really sure. Just the OEM gasket?? I'm trying to get all my parts together today so I can change it over tomorrow.

what's the max whp number recorded on this forum through the stock ungutted mufflers? Local MA enforcement is def going to kill me this year with my setup unless i quiet it down bit.

Wichitalegacy put out 514 whp with stock cans (race gas i think). I put down 324/348 with the stock cans with an E85 tune. I estimate I lossed about 10whp vs. the cobb cans. But, I love the quite and sleepiness of the stock cans and rarely miss the cobbs.

323whp and 398wtq on 91 octane pump gas and ungutted stock cans.

I know there are many forumites here who have much more power with stock cans, though.

I feel your pain. After 2 exhaust tickets in one month, I decided to revert back to stock. :rolleyes:

Archived