LegacyGT.com

Wind Noise Solution?

Outback XT

There is a lot of wind noise on my Outback with the windows open compared to other cars I have owned. Are there any wind/rain protectors for the windows that deflect the air for the new Outback?

About the closest thing I could find was for the legacy - maybe it will fit - but they do not look like the will deflect much oncoming air. They appear to protect more of the top of the window than the leading edge.

Here is a link

Guest *Jedimaster*
Are you using the crossbars? I use them in the winter and there's much more noise with them on. We had a nice warm night last night and I opened the cover to the moonroof, only to have to close it due to all the whistling.

I bought the JDM version of these rainguards. They are supposedly the same idea, but a bit sturdier plastic. As for a solution to wind noise, these are not it. They make some noise of their own at speed, unless you are talking about buffeting with the windows open. They might help that.

I have a Thule rack for my LGT - I sized it and took it right off. Makes HUGE noise. It's easy enough to take on and off - I will put it on only when it's time to load up the bikes or 'yaks.

I was refering to the wind noise from the windows being down not anthing from the roof. I guess I never noticed that but I don't have the Ltd either.

It sounds like - no pun intended - that those rain guards are not the answer. I will probably just have to get used to the noise.

Archived