LegacyGT.com

08' Legacy GT Spec B.. Stage II (the good, the bad, the ugly)

dahane

all of my posts relating to power so far have completly been based off of speculation and on a tune for an sti at 20lbs of boost pushing 350whp seems probable but not for "healthy power"

I should be running 16lbs (minimum) putting 275whp down with 93.. im sure if i didnt care about keeping within the healthy power band and put it up to 20-21lbs of boost i could reach power pulls of 320-330whp.. over boosting is not safe and is a quick way to get hot numbers and a burnt block

lets be real..the 6speed manuel lgt spec b and its VF46 arent too far off from an sti, its bigger intercooler and turbo

what dyno did you get your numbers/tune on and from? ( and those sound like stock tuned numbers) don't forget that when i get my numbers back they are coming from a catless free breathing system

dyno makes a huge difference with any comparison

what dyno did you get your numbers/tune on and from? ( and those sound like stock tuned numbers) don't forget that when i get my numbers back they are coming from a catless free breathing system

dyno makes a huge difference with any comparison

I'm catless also, i only achieved 232 at the wheels. Even if you take my automagic tranny into consideration, its not going to get up to sti power levels. My dyno was done on a mustang. Also, from what i hear the difference between a hi-flow cat and no cats as far as power is concerned, is not much.

Now we arent saying your not going to make good power, you are! Its just that i think your target performance is unreasonable, with a stock turbo/IC. Will you make 270whp after this protune, you could. But if you make 270 on that dyno and a stg2 STI walks in right after you, its going to make more power than you did, by a significant margin. Just look at the starting points. 08 STI 303 bhp, lgt 243 bhp. Its just the way it is.

If you dont believe us search around nasioc.com, and take a look at their stg2 protunes.

"I for one do not doubt you, dude. Your car is fast and an internet legend." -Gire

Mine are from a dyno dynamics. You can certainly use a dyno with a high correction factor and see big numbers, but that's all they are -- big numbers. They're completely inaccurate.

Catless isn't a big deal, I have a single high flow cat. Difference might be like, 1-2hp if any? The way the Legacy is built, there just isn't the same potential in them.

As a comparison, the Stage 2 06 STI before me put down 307whp.

hahah no guys i hear ya completly load and clear i do agree that the sti is a much stronger platform..maybe im just excited but before my ecu bricked and the downpipe was on my protuner said i was getting pulls at about 250 with my stock map so my expectations after the tune are high

you guys are right that the sti II is allways gonna beat the 6speed lgt platform, but the numbers arnt that far off..they would still perform within similar circles/and or class

alright well i hope you come back after mon to share your two cents when i publish my results to see whats the real differences are..

im not trying to but heads as much as i am trying to see the differences

228awhp/262lbs-ft, on a dynojet, stage2. (shrug)

WOOT more spec B pwnage by a GT :p YEAH WAHOOOO!!!!! :lol:

My GT did 222awhp/251lbs-ft on a dynojet STOCK

Stg 2: 272awhp/335lbs-ft on a dynojet tuned

GO GT's!!!!!!! Factory must of made a mistake and gave me a hand picked spec B motor ;)

was i wrong? If i was i apologize, for not knowing. Please tell me what the vf22 is! PLEASE I NEED TO KNOW. I've been searching the forums and i cant find it anywhere, please mr discowagon tell me what it is.

just cause i wanted to throw this in:

IHI VF22

(490cfm at 18.0psi, 250-325whp, Bolt-On)

This is the standard equipment turbocharger used on the JDM V3 Subaru Impreza WRX and optional on the JDM Subaru Impreza WRX STi 22b. Of all the IHI models, the VF22 has the largest potential for peak horsepower, and is capable of supporting the highest boost levels. It is capable of running up to 25 psi. The VF22 is a roller bearing turbo that utilizes the P20 exhaust housing.

Expect to achieve full boost with the proper mods and a quality tune between 3200-3700rpms. 2002-2005 WRX owners will need fuel upgrades for this turbocharger and proper engine management is highly recommended for all vehicles.

Archived