LegacyGT.com

rear camber

McCarthy69

whats up I have a 99 legacy gt sedan. is there a rear camber adjustment or an aftermarket kit to adjust rear camber? Is the only way to use shims? ALLDATA doesnt show an adjustment and the hunter alignment rack at work doesnt have the adjustment on file. I waS just wondering because i plan on lowering and it may throw the camber out.

the springs im getting say it should drop the front 2.5" and the rear 1.7". I did an alignment at the biginning of the koth and the rear camber for the right was right at spec and the left was .2 from spec so its almost perfect right now.

Alignment before or after adding springs? I can't believe that you would be that close camber-wise after dropping a BD that much, especially given how little adjustment there is in the stock suspension.

You'll be lucky to get more than -1.5 rear camber and like -2+ at the front with that much drop and no roll-center kit. Of course "more" means towad the + side so - might be what you're looking for.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

To keep your alignment (and your toe) within some reasonable limits, no more than about an inch all the way around. Recommend Eibach pro-kit springs on KYB GR2 struts, unless you can find some KYB AGXes for the 1993-1996(?) AWD Impreza.

Bumpers, too many to suggest but syms makes a good product for the BDs/BGs

You would be surprised how much of a difference a subtle drop (.5") changes the whole feel of things. I advise you find something which isn't so drastic, that way you can use your stock struts if they are newer, and you would still need an alignment.

Dropping the car that low and trying to get it aligned correctly will be nearly impossible.

Setting the car to factory specs isn't the correct way to align a drastically lowered car.

You drop the car anymore than 1.5", and you will have nothing but trouble.

You'll be going through tires like its your job, and just about all other suspension parts are going to be compromised especially the struts.

You would be surprised how much of a difference a subtle drop (.5") changes the whole feel of things. I advise you find something which isn't so drastic, that way you can use your stock struts if they are newer, and you would still need an alignment.

Dropping the car that low and trying to get it aligned correctly will be nearly impossible.

Setting the car to factory specs isn't the correct way to align a drastically lowered car.

You drop the car anymore than 1.5", and you will have nothing but trouble.

You'll be going through tires like its your job, and just about all other suspension parts are going to be compromised especially the struts.

And the handling and the CV joints will all be compromised as well.

Cliff Notes:

Go low - introduce more trouble than you'll know what to do with.

Archived