LegacyGT.com

CBE and factory warranty.

Backlash

Does installing a CBE system void the 60k Powertrain warranty?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Does installing a CBE system void the 60k Powertrain warranty?

• yes, any mod to the powertrain voids the powertrain warranty if anything should go wrong.
    • As long as it's a SPT intake/CBE system installed at a dealer, it's not a problem.
    • It's Dealer specific if they care or not. regardless of brand of CBE or where it was installed.

This thread was helpful to me a bit... I recently asked the Service Manager at the local Subie dealership here the same question about CBEs and intakes, got kind of a run-around answer... "Well, you should go with an SPT exhaust... but as long as you don't do anything to the cats it should be ok". I have an extended warranty so I want to keep the ride in compliance with that as much as possible...

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this thread back to life...

but i was just at my.Subaru.com messing around.

and saw this.....

http://content.subaru.com/mys/content/Subaru_Turbo_Education.pdf

Modifications

Engine modifications such as, but not limited to, adding a boost pressure controller, using a non-genuine aftermarket air intake or exhaust system, changing the air bypass valve, “chipping,” etc., may negatively affect the warranty. Your Subaru dealer offers a line of Subaru Performance Tuning parts, which are designed and tested to Subaru standards and do not void the warranty.

if that is true.... that means that ALL SPT stuff will not ever void the warranty.... :confused:

now i need to print this out and take to a dealer and get even more clarification.

A drop in filter can even void your warranty at some dealerships. Was talking to my service dept and any oiled filters can void you warranty. They say that the oil in the filter can cause your turbo to become unbalanced and shell. Dont believe it at all, but they have the power to deny warranty.

A drop in filter can even void your warranty at some dealerships. Was talking to my service dept and any oiled filters can void you warranty. They say that the oil in the filter can cause your turbo to become unbalanced and shell. Dont believe it at all, but they have the power to deny warranty.

thats why people here don't like the K&N drop in. they suggest the AVO version.

Dealers have the power, but... Subaru has the power over dealers...

I'm going to get the bottom line soon from my dealer, i sent the full PDF to him and he's going up the chain. he DID already find out the SPT CBE system is 100% safe with the warranty questions i had earlier. it took him a few days to get the bottom line answer for me, but he wanted to know also.

If Subaru says it's ok, and a dealer says it's not... guess who wins?

Archived