LegacyGT.com

Throw out bearing protective sleeve???

Tracer-X

I have searched and can not find the link, thread, or vendor regarding the sleeve that you can buy to attach inside of the transmission that will protect the part?? that can explode inside of the tranny housing causing the tranny case to break. I am having a clutch installed in a week and want to have this part installed also.

It was some sort of stamped steel part that slipped over a cast aluminum part to keep the thing from wearing out and snapping.

I read about it on the boards several months back but am at a loss to find it again.

Jump on it, Let's do it, Ride it, My Pony...

EL4NFZT7

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Most shops will charge at least $70/hr for 4 hours getting into the transmission & 4 hours out.. That's $560 labor at least.. The sleeve kit costs $150 from subaruWRXparts.. That's $710 right there, minimum..

I have a good friend with a shop, so I saved a ton on labor doing mine.. Find a friend or see if anyone in your regional forum with experience & tools will help you (check regional forums on nasioc too).. Might be able to offer someone $300-$400 to do it in their garage if you're willing to get dirty.. Good luck tho..

The part which the OP is referencing..

http://www.subaruwrxparts.com/products/2005-drivetrain-c-23_43_96.html?osCsid=e040a06bdccd3e2058bf22f799c90832

More importantly... the PDM quill + TOB must have fit.

Tracer-X

What is the build month/year of your Legacy? A few people have experienced fitment issues. I haven't ordered one yet because I'm worried that the PDM kit will not fit properly. Thanks!

Aloha

Archived