LegacyGT.com

Harmon Kardon Stereo in the 09

ean611

Didn't see a good thread on this, so thought I'd chip in.

Was at my local dealer today getting an oil change. Stopped into the showroom to check out the new Harmon Kardon '09 stereo.

What I heard was from an Outback Wagon. I must say, not bad. The Legacy has gone from having a below mediocre stock stereo to one that most people wouldn't even think of changing. The tweets (I could see them through the grill) appear to be silver, could be aluminum or something similar. There is also a sub in the right rear of the trunk. and an amplifier under the passenger seat. I would love to see the interior of the doors, and the construction of the sub, however, the dealer won't let me take apart their new unsold car. :p

The head unit appears to be the same Panasonic unit from the 07-08, only with a new part number. I didn't have it out of the car, so it could be a different vendor, but it looks very similar, and almost definitely uses the same interface components.

Bottom line is that those of you who get this stereo in an '09 and up Legacy/Outback are going to be much happier keeping it than us in older cars. Also, as you would need a minimum budget of $1500 (for equipment, labor separate) to do better yourself, improving it will be more of a challenge.

Archived