LegacyGT.com

Good deal on sedan or wait for wagon?

sludlow

Here's the deal. I found a 2006 GT Limited 5MT sedan with 39k mi. for $14k. I love the wagon versions but I'm wondering if I should buy this anyway because it's too good of a deal to pass up. I do a lot of outdoor activities and wondering if the sedan would be able to fit my gear when I head out. Any opinions and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Guest heightsgtltd

That's really really cheap for an 06 with that low miles.

IF you are waiting for a wagon, you are prob. going to be waiting indefinitely. SOA hasnt offered a GT wagon since 2006 and they apparently have no plans to do so any time soon.

You can however get an Outback XT in wagon with manual.

If I remember right, the 06 still had the fixed rear seats and the fold down didnt happen until 2007. I have an 05 with the fixed and I really wish it had the fold down when I need to carry more gear.

The XT just doesn't appeal to me that much. I love the look and how the GT's drive and handle.

It does have the fixed seats still. That's still the big question I'm trying to answer: will the sedan be enough for my climbing pad and ski stuff. I will get a rack no matter what, especially to take my bike, and I am planning to take my pad and see if I can stuff it into the trunk.

I've been looking for a wagon for quite a while at a good price and it is really hard to find one without a million miles on it. That's why I'm really torn on whether or not to get this sedan. But it's just such a good deal on that car with such low miles I may have to break down and do it anyway.

I'd hook up with another member in your area and see if your stuff will fit in the back trunk area. It might or might not, ski gear especially. You could even go to a dealer, bring your gear and see if it fits in the back of an '08.

There is a black wagon for sale in SLC right now for a steal (~$14k) - on this forum. Tan interior but you cannot be picky unless you want to wait months or.... years.

Archived