LegacyGT.com

Fog light problem.. help!

liljay794

..........I actually just put in a set of Hella 85 watters (amber/yellow) yesterday :D - they came packaged with their own little plastic-baggie "condoms" over the bulbs. Plugged her in, then took off the "condom," then plugged in the light. .........

Would these be Hella Yellow Stars, for around $7 to $8 each?

^ Not sure, I'll have to grab the box and give you the number. Summit Racing (which is local to me) had them in their rummage bin, so I picked it up. :) They were definitely around $14 for a pair, so the pricing would match.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Nothing on the packaging, in terms of place of manufacture nor a "name."

Just a yellow box with blue writing, "HELLA," "Halogen Headlamp" - H83135081, H3, 12V 85W Yellow.

Grab-bin, FTWandL ! :lol:

----

Edit/Update - quick Intr4w3b search says that yes, these are the "YellowStars," and that Summit has them on eBay for $9.99 each! Local FTW!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

Just finished installing the 85W Narva Gold bulbs in the fog lamps. Just lighting up my garage, I can see they are a big improvement, in intensity and color, over the 55W Hella Optilux XY bulbs I had tried before. The XY bulbs were like having a pair of candles in the front bumper.:lol:

Am looking forward to trying these out in the snow.

^ I've gotta get out and do the wiring, before the weather turns bad. :)

Be advised that there are two slightly different sizes of those blasted, 1/8 turn, pop-it screws used on the wheel well liner. When I was installing the liner, I at first couldn't figure out why it was so difficult to get the pop-it into the hole.:mad::spin::lol:

^ Don't worry 'bout that, my enlightened friend. :) Note, if you will, that my favorite mod is finding lost Pop-Its...and now I have a half-sized helper, too. :lol:

I've actually had both liners off, at one time or another, for something or another. And although I don't quite remember too much fuss (it might be just that I was so eventually frustrated with the spark plugs :lol: , that I've forgotten all else that's bad or frustrating about working on this car, ever), I do thank you again for the reminder.

I'll be sure to tell myself that I'd been reminded, when I'm pulling my hair out.

Archived