LegacyGT.com

How big of tires will fit on 05 OBXT?

Dergara

How big of tires will fit on 05 OBXT? I was just wondering what would safely fit on my 17x7.5 Rota wheels.

OEM Size is 225/55-17.

Can I go with anything taller or wider in an ALL SEASON?

Just a question, but why are you looking to go with anything taller or wider--especially in an all-season? In what way does the stock tire size not meet your needs?

Also since you mention "ALL SEASON", I'm assuming you're planning on running these tires in the snow, too--in which case, going with something "wider" than stock is a bad move. Since these cars run a less-than-common size, you also don't have tons of different sizing options which will fit your car.

Overall, going with a tire which is taller, wider (or both) than the stock size, I think you'll find that the already sloppy handling on these cars will get even worse since a 55 Series sidewall is already pretty tall. Also, if you look at your front wheels when the steering wheel is in full lock in either direction, you may notice that there's VERY little room between the inside tire and the plastic inner fender well. I'm not saying no one here has gone with a 235/55-17 or a 245/50-17 (both of which will fit in most brand tires), but either size will detract from any water/snow performance because of the increase in contact patch on the road surface.

Personally, I'd stick with stock size 225/55-17 which will also keep your spare tire useful should you ever need to use it. If it helps any, I'm looking at either Goodyear Eagle F1 All-Seasons or Yokohama S.Drive (all season) as my next set this Fall.

Hope this helps,

Tim

Archived