LegacyGT.com

LCA's...Get stock ones warrantied?Or do AVO's?

arkadyzv

My LCA's are torn to shit, I have the extended Subaru warranty with $100 deductable. So I can either have the dealership replace them or I can spend about the same and upgrade to the AVO's. Also the stock ones might be on backorder . I would be doing the AVO's myself as I have a press .So my question is how much better are the AVO's over stock? Also I'm getting a vibration around the bottom front of the car, able to feel it on the gas pedal , can that be contributed to the LCA's or can it be something else?

All your issues can be explained by the torn bushings. Have you looked at the Super Pro version? Exact same bushings in a different color for a little less.

Tony

I was under the assumption that the SuperPro's were discontinued. Are the aftermarket bushings sturdier than stock? My dealership just called me, they will get the bushings in end of this week. So its either pay 100 bucks and get it fixed, or pay about the same , install them or pay someone to install them but have a better fix in the end? Whats the exact reason the stock ones rip? My car only has 35k on it, as far as other bushings that I've done on my other cars it seems pretty ridiculous that these are already mangled.

They are definitely not discontinued. We just got 5 sets in on Monday. Super Pro was bought by Tein a couple years ago, maybe that's what you're thinking.

Anyway, these are much stiffer than your stock bushings and are solid. The stock bushings only have two rubber tabs that connect the inner bushing to the metal sleeve that captures the piece in the control arm. Those two piece rip over time. the Super Pro bushing is a solid bushing bonded to a metal sleeve. This makes it much sturdier and more resistant to tearing over time.

The way I see it, if you get a stock replacement, it's just going to rip again. Plus with the Super Pro bushing you will get a little more caster, which is a good thing.

Tony

My car didn't even have 1,000km on it when I replaced the rubbish LCA bushes with the Fulcrum (SuperPro) items.

SuperPro are absoutely not owned by Tein and definitely not discontinued. Those products may be distributed by Tein in the USA, but they are made by a locally owned company (Fulcrum) here in Brisbane, Australia.

Nice people to deal with too.

Hey OP, I am having the same problem and doing this swap soon too and local. You have to look at which you are buying. Superpro offers a normal bushing (no offset) and an offset bushing for caster adjustment. I believe AVO only offers a caster adjustment bushing. Is your car lowered or was it lowered by the previous owner? That apparently beats the hell out of the stock bushings.

Yeah, I'm not sure exactly what it is, I've looked serveral times for some thing loose, and checked/rechecked for evidence of the bushing popping out but found nothing. All I have to go off so far is... it started when I put those in and that is the only thing that was changed up there. I kinnda think it has some thing to do with the new angle of the tie rod or half shaft because the clunk/rattle only occurs when steering is at it's farthest extremes but I have not found any wear or rubmarks of any kind.

if i could do it over again i would have stayed stock, or got one w/o offset. i get a wierd clunking/rattle when doing sharp turns.

you know what, i'm experiencing the same thing. except my car is bone stock, i don' tknow what it is though??? at first it was more apparent when i was doing u-turns but now it seems like it's happening more frequently

Hey OP, I am having the same problem and doing this swap soon too and local. You have to look at which you are buying. Superpro offers a normal bushing (no offset) and an offset bushing for caster adjustment. I believe AVO only offers a caster adjustment bushing. Is your car lowered or was it lowered by the previous owner? That apparently beats the hell out of the stock bushings.

Shoot me a pm when you do yours. I think I'm going to end up going aftermarket also, as the dealership still has yet to get a set of bushings in. If anything we can probably do them together if you'd like, as I have a 15ton press at home, air tools and would only probably need a ball joint puller which can be rented if need be.

I'm just waiting to hear back from Turnin Concepts when the whiteline rca kit will be available so I can place my order. Since we will most likely require re-alignment after doing the bushings, I figure I will do those also.

Hey Paul, do you guys have a zero offset bushing kit available? I only found the positive caster increase kit on your website.

Are zero off set the same price? that sounds like the best was to go to me, the AVO bushings have great construction and seem very durable, I just don't know if changing the geometry was such a good idea ( I don't race, so i haven't really felt the benifit).

No offense to AVO, but I have the Perrin PSRS bushings and I LOVE them! They really increase steering stability, response & braking.

No offense to AVO, but I have the Perrin PSRS bushings and I LOVE them! They really increase steering stability, response & braking.

Ended up taking your advice and buying the Perrin's, any advice on the install?

Yes, get them professionally pressed in for sure. Unfortunately, this is not the DIY type of install. :(

Lets hope you're wrong lol. I have a press, and just need to rent a ball joint puller and it should be fine. I've done all the suspension bushings in my rx7 so I'm hoping I can manage, I think as long as the balljoint doesn't play its bitch card then it should be ok.

Archived