LegacyGT.com

Do I need new end links?

I Cant Drive 55

Right now I'm at Stage 2 with full suspension mods. Recently though (maybe for the past month) I've noticed when I turn it's very harsh. They look intact, and the car seems to control the same, but in the drivers seat it feels like I'm out at sea.

No problems with springs or struts. I had a bubble in a tire, and had it replaced and rebalanced. So if something was wrong with the springs or struts they would've found it then.

Guest Gitster

Stock end links are plastic i believe.

They can't really "wear out" but they can break. Youd know if you broke one. It would clunk. I guess dirt and sand could get in the bearings, but I wouldnt think that would cause the issues youre having.

It feels like I'm in a bumpy/bouncing, slightly vibrating seat. Like I'm hitting pot hole after pot hole. On smooth roads, or higher speeds it doesn't seem to be their. Then again I live in RI, we've got some of the worst paved roads in the country cause this whole state is corrupt lol.

I had my LCA replaced when I had everything installed by GTTuner back in spring. It was Superpro or something like that.

Could very well be the H-Techs and the Bilsteins. B's overdamped for the H-techs IMO. And did you pull the front B's apart and remove one notch off the bumpstops? Sounds like you're bottoming out/bouncing on the bumpstop.

That's my next step with my B's/Swifts combo.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Bilstein's are inverted and there's a rubber bumpstop at the bottom. There's a nut at the very center bottom of the strut. If you undo that, you should be able to pull the strut apart and then pull out the bumpstop and cut it down appropriate to your drop.

Didn't find this out in time on mine, or I would have done it before I mounted them up. Jamal at HB Speed pointed this out the last time I was in and so that will be my next step.

HTH

And second the Lower Control Arm bushing, but since you indicated that you have the SuperPro setup, this shouldn't be an issue unless they have somehow displaced in the LCA. The other thing to check is your actual SB bushings to make sure that they aren't 1) dry or 2) torn/compromised.

Are your air pressures correct side-to-side? Could be an alignment issue, especially with the LCA bushes and a bad alignment, you'll notice a lot more noise and potentially even some clunking.

I'm thinking it could be an alignment issue. I went almost 5 months with a perfect ride. Even when GTTuner drove my car back he told me he couldn't believe the handling performance I got over stock.

The pull is really heavy. If I'm in the left lane, and I don't touch the wheel, in a few seconds I'm in the right lane. He was the one that told me the front end links looked a little shoddy, but at the time they didn't need to be replaced. So that was my first thought.

Archived