LegacyGT.com

Hp Gains with Typhoon type intake?

joeyj

Posted this in the Cobb forums - no response so here goes:

The latest issue of Turbo magazine has a dyno test for bolt-on mods on a STI. The Access Port netted +34 WHP. They also gained +13HP with a cold-air intake, but had to richen the tune a bit, cause it leaned the mixture.

Do you guys with aftermarket intakes see similar gains on an LGT? I know Cobb says the stock airbox is fine and you won't get any gains, but now I'm confused. My LGT is stock, except for the Access Port.

Thanks

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from what i read until you do a good more modification than an AP an intake isnt going to net you any power. A good investment is a new panel filter (I have the AVO its a nice cleanable and oil free unit). Gives a bit more woosh as well...

http://rallitek.com/avohiflpafi.html

The latest issue of Turbo magazine has a dyno test for bolt-on mods on a STI. The Access Port netted +34 WHP. They also gained +13HP with a cold-air intake, but had to richen the tune a bit, cause it leaned the mixture.

Do you guys with aftermarket intakes see similar gains on an LGT? I know Cobb says the stock airbox is fine and you won't get any gains, but now I'm confused. My LGT is stock, except for the Access Port.

Thanks

I got perrin drop in, lil louder woosh, but no power difference

drop-in wont give more power unless you are tuning etc... still dont know its more than a marginal increase but much better investment than an intake unless your doing some bigger mods...

I myself have removed the intake silencer but am going to fabricate up a tube with some sort of filter/mesh and run it deep down into the wheel well giving me colder air. between the scoop thing @ the front of the hood and the tube sucking from the silencer hold down in the right wheel well & an AVO filter I should be getting plenty of nice cold air for going stage II and at a minmal cost...

Thanks

HP gain? None. The stock airbox is more than sufficient for "stage 2+". And a less restrictive panel filter is recommended.

If you are looking for more noise, remove the stock airbox silencer/baffle.

hp gain? None. The stock airbox is more than sufficient for "stage 2+". And a less restrictive panel filter is recommended.

If you are looking for more noise, remove the stock airbox silencer/baffle.

+1

Inside joke.

There is some debate on the forum whether or not the SpecB is worth the extra money over the LGT. There has also been other debates over setup, HP, etc.

AKA Gister is jealous that he doesn't have a SpecB :lol::lol::lol:

There's no Joke....spec.B ownes.....

Recent comments about the spec.b, verified in CLINICAL STUDIES!!!

I heard the spec.B is SOO fast a driver can drive around the world and rear-end himself in his own car.

Outer space exists because its afraid to be that close to the spec.B.

The spec.B doesn't pwn the twisties...it KILLS them...

In a race between a Lamborghini Murcielago and a Ford GT, the winner would be the spec.B - even if it wasn't there.

If by some paradox or rift in the space-time continuum a spec.B could race itself...it'd win. Easily.

witth the spec.b on the dyno, the car caused a vortex in the space-time continuum and I met God.

SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

No. It won't beat a GT-R. It'll eat the GT-R's children. Then, drive to the GT-R's dad's house and smack it's old-man around.
SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

Archived