LegacyGT.com

Pricing strategies

You love the car now all you have to do is talk about pricing. Of course you realize that dealers have to make some money on the deal but you don't want to get hosed.

I ordered my car through a friend who works for subaru, we stapled down a price and he said in 30 to 45 days it should be here. I sent him a check and he did the rest (he lives 2hours away). Subaru doesn't have customer rebats for '09's but they have $500 dealer incentive. Can I work this into my deal?

Also Subaru has 4.9% for those with good credit. Is this in stone? I know finance managers don't like to advertise these rates so they can up the percentage and make some money on the deal.

Let's see: You write that you ordered a car through a friend who works for Subaru and you're asking us about a dealer incentive and a 4.9% rate? You've sent him a check for how much for a car that is due in 30-45 days?

I don't know about ordering a car but IMHO: You should ask your friend about both of the conditions you've inquired here......You do have a receipt for the check and a proforma for the car right?

4.9% will probably be if your score is a 700+. This is a great time to buy a car...the auto industry is down the most its ever been in over 15 years so find out what the invoice is and pay that...Hopefully you can find a bank that will give you a loan as its easy to find good deals, getting a loan is a totally different story. try lendingtree.com ..good luck!

Archived