LegacyGT.com

Perrin TMIC & Hood Scoop Duct

The stock splitter was messing up my intercooler. The stock one is not designed for a larger intercooler like the perrin.

:confused: I used a Perrin unit for a while, I trimmed the engine cover and the hood scoop seal fit perfectly. Never had a problem with splitter interference. In fact, I had washer nozzles mounted on the splitter and they did not interfere. The IC was COLD everytime I stopped the car. Save your money, trim the cover and put the scoop back together....there is plenty of surface area showing to cool effectively. If it is contacting the IC you may need to rotate the turbo housing a bit.

:confused: I used a Perrin unit for a while, I trimmed the engine cover and the hood scoop seal fit perfectly. Never had a problem with splitter interference. In fact, I had washer nozzles mounted on the splitter and they did not interfere. The IC was COLD everytime I stopped the car. Save your money, trim the cover and put the scoop back together....there is plenty of surface area showing to cool effectively. If it is contacting the IC you may need to rotate the turbo housing a bit.

You said directly what I tried to say obliquely :lol:.

Archived