LegacyGT.com

Review my logs

dmp

SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

There seems to be some partial throttle knock that occurred (notice the past tense). Since it is in your FLKC, you don't really know where it came from.

The best way is to reset your ecu and log knock sum. You'll need to log 100% of your driving until you find it.

Get ride of extraneous parameters like atmsopheric pressure and coolant temperature and vehicle speed.

Thanks Mickey - I cant use Learning View - I did a 20? minute log...first instances of knock sum happened driving at residental area speeds.

Down around like 27xx - 17.85psi = boost cut! doh! I'll upload the file when I can later tonite.

It's best to keep all your information and all your logs in one thread so that people don't have to keep track of what you have.

I don't even remember what tune, atmosperhic pressure, mods for your car.

Are you using ws_sick's tune from romraider?

I've only helped 2 people tune stage 2 Invidia catless downpipes (version 1). They both made more power than any other stage 2 car and they both needed less WGDC for the same boost level. Before you start, make sure that your wastegate can open freely.

Righto. Maybe a mod would combine these for me?

Cameron (from NM) has been e-tuning my car; although I believe he doesn't have much legacy-specific experience.

Atmosphere is about 14.6 generally - mods are just that - the catless DP and silencer removed.

My WG doesn't sound as if it's tapping on the divorce, if that's what you mean. AFIAK it's opening clean.

Is that DP divorced?

Yes, it is divorced bellmouth. However, the divider sticks far into the turbo housing. The version 2 modified the divider so that it doesn't stick as far in anymore. On the original, it sometimes hit the WG door and prevented it from opening fully. I think if you loosen the downpipe and shove the downpipe over a little bit before tightening the bolts, it could alleviate it.

I think it was korpsepatrol who mentioned that he dremeled it to provide more clearance.

I know on the two that I helped tune, the WG door was NOT touching since boost was easily controlled.

Yes, it is divorced bellmouth. However, the divider sticks far into the turbo housing. The version 2 modified the divider so that it doesn't stick as far in anymore. On the original, it sometimes hit the WG door and prevented it from opening fully. I think if you loosen the downpipe and shove the downpipe over a little bit before tightening the bolts, it could alleviate it.

I think it was korpsepatrol who mentioned that he dremeled it to provide more clearance.

I know on the two that I helped tune, the WG door was NOT touching since boost was easily controlled.

I always thought that a divorced set-up (done right) would make more power.

I've tuned two of them, didn't really notice any major differences....

Do you have any logs because the two that I helped tune definitely needed less WGDC to hit target boost. And they both made more MAF (g/s) then expected.

I didn't help korpsepatrol but even after he fixed his interference issue, he still needed less wgdc. I think dmp is in the same boat.

BTW, I don't own any Invidia products. Just saying that's what I saw.

Do you have any logs because the two that I helped tune definitely needed less WGDC to hit target boost. And they both made more MAF (g/s) then expected.

I didn't help korpsepatrol but even after he fixed his interference issue, he still needed less wgdc. I think dmp is in the same boat.

BTW, I don't own any Invidia products. Just saying that's what I saw.

MAF is a bit off since they both were on aftermarket intakes. However one was having issues holding boost on the stock pill (lookslikeanevo's car) The other was on a 5eat vf39 powered car but with a 1mm pill. Both would not be consistant. However, Itsme's car also runs a divorced WG (Crucial) non bellmouth. The boost control is no different, power is pretty good though. In theory a divorce WG should make more, but on the stock turbo I would think the difference is negligible.

MAF is a bit off since they both were on aftermarket intakes. However one was having issues holding boost on the stock pill (lookslikeanevo's car) The other was on a 5eat vf39 powered car but with a 1mm pill. Both would not be consistant. However, Itsme's car also runs a divorced WG (Crucial) non bellmouth. The boost control is no different, power is pretty good though. In theory a divorce WG should make more, but on the stock turbo I would think the difference is negligible.

Itsme's car doesn't count. I have a Crucial downpipe and there is no difference. A divorced downpipe with a gap between the turbine wheel and the divider makes no sense and has proven to be no different. The turbulence caused by the wastegate still impacts the flow as it exits the turbine.

I was VERY specific. It is ONLY the original version catless Invidia downpipe that exhibited more power. The original Invidia downpipe puts the divider very close to the turbine wheel.

The difference was noticeable. I'm talking about basic stage 2 cars with stock intake etc...

EDIT: I didn't know the Invidia downpipe with divider fit a VF39 housing. I'm not sure if that counts since it might not have been sealing or blocking the flow correctly.

Itsme's car doesn't count. I have a Crucial downpipe and there is no difference. A divorced downpipe with a gap between the turbine wheel and the divider makes no sense and has proven to be no different. The turbulence caused by the wastegate still impacts the flow as it exits the turbine.

I was VERY specific. It is ONLY the original version catless Invidia downpipe that exhibited more power. The original Invidia downpipe puts the divider very close to the turbine wheel.

The difference was noticeable. I'm talking about basic stage 2 cars with stock intake etc...

EDIT: I didn't know the Invidia downpipe with divider fit a VF39 housing. I'm not sure if that counts since it might not have been sealing or blocking the flow correctly.

Lookslikeanevo's car had version 1 with the horrible fitment and all even so he was running FMIC, intake and headers in addition to the standard stg 2 bolt ons. I might be tuning the guy he sold it to as well, if so I will let you know my findings. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
well - regardless, I'm stuck w/ the current tune for awhile, thanks to a broken cable; sending back to tactrix today.

Archived