LegacyGT.com

Almost NSFW diesel boxer engine pr0n

urs1ne

I already have something along these lines.

It's called a 2008 Ford F150 5.4L 4x4 with factory tow package:lol:

If you want to tow, buy a vehicle designed for it. No one vehicle can do everything(except a specB, but I digress).

Towing with your Subaru(or any 4cyl car), while allowed, is kinda silly. I can see using the factory tow hitch for a bike rack, but to actually pull a load is just asking for trouble.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

What I'd like to see is a truck built on the Tribeca chassis (which is an overgrown Outback chassis to start), with something akin to a 3.6 TD and a 6MT (geared appropriately to the TD's power band) with Hi/Lo differential.

While I like the idea of a 3.6L TD, MB uses all 3.0Ls in America and even look at VW downsizing their expensive Toureg TDI to a 3.0L in order to boost sales. To me, it just doesnt seem like 6 cylinder diesels bigger than 3.0Ls are efficient enough to popular in the U.S.

i may be misssing something but the question i have yet to seen answered is simply: when?

all i know is that anything 4cyl diesel these days is a gold mine.. if you want a new jetta sure no problem if you want the tdi theres gunna be a bit of a wait...

:spin:gas crisis:spin:

iwannasportsedan:

while many of your points make sense (more sense than soa wants to hear) i too believe this market might be a little to small.. if i really wanted something to tow/utility work with i would get a small truck like a ranger/tacoma.. i understand where you are going but realisticly if i owned a trailer or a boat or needed a trailer hitch for more than once or twice a year id be buying a truck i dont see there being enough people who are in need of what you describe on a regular enough basis that they dont want a small truck or couldnt manage it with the wagon..the wagon with a roof rack is good enough for a subaru.. if your doing more than that a sedan/wagon isnt a option for you anymore

but i do think a diesel subaru would sell tremendously..

I already have something along these lines.

It's called a 2008 Ford F150 5.4L 4x4 with factory tow package:lol:

If you want to tow, buy a vehicle designed for it. No one vehicle can do everything(except a specB, but I digress).

Towing with your Subaru(or any 4cyl car), while allowed, is kinda silly. I can see using the factory tow hitch for a bike rack, but to actually pull a load is just asking for trouble.

Most people here have 4-cylinder cars and do towing. It's not only a question of engine but also a question of gear ratio and driver skills.

But of course - it depends on what you want to tow...

453747.png

Archived