LegacyGT.com

Megan Racing Coilover Problems LGT or OBXT or STI

Scooby2.5

Any problems with Megan Racing Coilovers?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Any problems with Megan Racing Coilovers?

• No Problems Love Em (Explain Below)
    • No Problems Hate Em (Explain Below)
    • Problems- Making Noises etc
    • Problems- Broken Cartridges, Leaking Grease etc

^Megan Racing.

They are easy to swap too. I put my new ones in in NOV and still running strong.

Anybody know if Paul is still on the forum? I still have my old cartridges and have never been able to send a PM as his box is full

• 1 month later...

Well update, front coils clunking again. Just started and gradually getting worse. Calling megan to see what they will do. Hopefully Ill get the new ones. Ill keep everyone posted

Well put the new cartridges on my car on november 10th, it is riding great.

Went under to pull control arms off for new bushings and this is what I see.

http://inlinethumb39.webshots.com/42278/2593996780074087040S600x600Q85.jpg

I called megan about it talked to cyrus and he said it was normal. Sometimes they put too much assembly grease in the cartridge and it seeps out.

I do not personally see how this is possible as the threaded body of the cartridge doesnt seem to have a way for the grease to escape.

He told me to keep an eye on it and if I have any more problems they will send me new ones again.

He also stated that they are redesigning these to make them non inverted because they are having so many issues.

He said that the inverted design was never meant to be daily driven.

I had the same clunking issue as well with my Megan Coilovers. It probably won't fix everyone's problem, but my clunking was solved by tightening the nut underneath the dampening knob on the top of the coilover.

• 11 months later...

I am having the same clunking on my megan's at low speed. I have taken them off, taken them apart and reassembled per the instructions here. The clunk remains. Has anyone been able to eliminate it for longer than a few months? I can spring for new front inserts, but only if it really fixes the problem

thanks

Julian

• 2 years later...

No I am not running them anymore. Running the BC/BR coilovers for the outback.

You can get them from Josh at import image racing.

I gave up on the megans after multiple clunking issues and having to replace the cartridges.

BC/BR are made by the same company but are much better.

No I am not running them anymore. Running the BC/BR coilovers for the outback.

You can get them from Josh at import image racing.

I gave up on the megans after multiple clunking issues and having to replace the cartridges.

BC/BR are made by the same company but are much better.

thanks for your reply. But IIRC, you are lower than OEM OBXT height correct? Is it because you set your BC/BR that way or is it because they can't get to OEM height?

If I remember correctly its because I set them that way.

Talk to Josh Nahum at import image.

I think if you order the BC/BR coil overs with the outback cartridges like I did you can go to stock height and lower.

The BC/BR coil overs with LGT cartridges will not go to stock outback height.

The BC/BR coil overs with the longer outback cartridges are not listed last time I looked at the website, You have to call Josh if you want the outback ones since they were sort of special made for those that wanted them.

The cartridge for the outback are just longer but other than that the same as the cartridge for the LGT from what I understand

If I remember correctly its because I set them that way.

Talk to Josh Nahum at import image.

I think if you order the BC/BR coil overs with the outback cartridges like I did you can go to stock height and lower.

The BC/BR coil overs with LGT cartridges will not go to stock outback height.

The BC/BR coil overs with the longer outback cartridges are not listed last time I looked at the website, You have to call Josh if you want the outback ones since they were sort of special made for those that wanted them.

The cartridge for the outback are just longer but other than that the same as the cartridge for the LGT from what I understand

just went on their site. They do have the outback model posted. SIGH, wish I could get them but I'll install the KYB 2004 model in the rear for now..thanks for your feedback.

Archived