LegacyGT.com

Is the JDM 5EAT the same as the USDM 5EAT?

JALEGACY

Let me guess, it does that from 1st to 2nd, doesn't it?

Mine will do it too once or twice on occasion when the ATF is not fully warmed up. After that it'll be fine. She doesn't slip, just that the transmission doesn't actually decide to shift until later on. It's more or less a "feature" and normal operating condition from what I've read around here.

Mine will do it too once or twice on occasion when the ATF is not fully warmed up. After that it'll be fine. She doesn't slip, just that the transmission doesn't actually decide to shift until later on. It's more or less a "feature" and normal operating condition from what I've read around here.

Exactly. Mine seems like it is slipping while warming up. After it is warmed up no slipping.....It is a feature. Too bad i have to use manual mode or I would redline 1st and 2nd haha

This may not really be relevant, or help, but I used to drive an Infiniti G around, and the transmission unit did the same when cold. It would take a little bit to shift, and shift later than when it was warmed up.

Archived