LegacyGT.com

Spec B kit?

I was wondering how we would be able to get the JDM Legacy Spec B Airdam, sideskirts, bumber and Headlights. Would we be able to get it throught the subaru dealer? or independent companies? Also, do u guys think that it will become an option... like the Mercedes AMG package (aero kit and wheels) in the near future?

I'm not sure if the bumper would be an option or not, since SOA clearly had to change the bumper sizes to comply with US crash/safety measures. However, I dont really see why the headlights and sideskirts couldnt find there way over here some time or another. If anything you can get them in Japan and bring em on over here.

I heard the JDM headlights will change your beam cutoff and blind a lot of incoming traffic. I think if everything goes well, we'll see subaru answering some competition with something similar to the spec B in the US.

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']Why would people want different headlights.. there has to be a way to mod those headlights.. I am not paying for new projectors.[/quote] Are they different in shape at all? Or is it the "dreaded" orange reflectors? If it's the latter, those can be easily removed.

[quote name='CombatCQB']I heard the JDM headlights will change your beam cutoff and blind a lot of incoming traffic. I think if everything goes well, we'll see subaru answering some competition with something similar to the spec B in the US.[/quote] I dunno, if you read those enthusiast reviews, there isn't any real competition for the Legacy in its price range, or even close. :lol: Kevin

[quote name='gtguy'][quote name='CombatCQB']I heard the JDM headlights will change your beam cutoff and blind a lot of incoming traffic. I think if everything goes well, we'll see subaru answering some competition with something similar to the spec B in the US.[/quote] I dunno, if you read those enthusiast reviews, there isn't any real competition for the Legacy in its price range, or even close. :lol: Kevin[/quote] Not yet anyway. I mean, rumors already have SOA coming out with a more performance tuned Leg later this year. Plus SOA hinted the nav option next year. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='Dr. Zevil']Why would people want different headlights.. there has to be a way to mod those headlights.. I am not paying for new projectors.[/quote] Are they different in shape at all? Or is it the "dreaded" orange reflectors? If it's the latter, those can be easily removed.[/quote] AFAIK it's only the reflector piece that's different. The headlights should be the same otherwise.

[quote name='Drift Monkey']"Buy now, upgrade later" is my motto. If people keep wating, they'll never have a car.[/quote] And that's absolutely correct. While 'x' person is waiting with their 1998 Camry for a certain spec model, I'll have been enjoying my new car for the 2-3 years before that edition is released for example. Oh well, their loss. 8)

[quote name='Drift Monkey']"Buy now, upgrade later" is my motto. If people keep wating, they'll never have a car.[/quote] It's the computer theory. Everybody wants to not be a schmuck, but no matter what you do, things advance. You're going to be a schmuck, so you might as well live it up. :lol: For me, being fundamentally opposed to spending more than $30K out the door for a car, I don't care if any higher-performance Legacy models come over. What could they possibly do? More horsepower? So. The current car is already, driven at anything past 5 or 6/10ths, too fast for the public way. At some point, it all becomes theoretical. BMW has 425hp, Mercedes gets 450hp. You will never use it, but it's nice, for all of those psychological reasons, to have. Some are waiting for the rumored "Big Boy," others are pinning their hopes on an STi version, as if these cars will somehow have 350hp, 14" brakes, and cost $29K. It just isn't going to happen. But people can wait as long as they like, and do what they want. I, conversely, only have to wait about six weeks for my silver GT wagon. :D Kevin

Archived