LegacyGT.com

Gasoline MPG issues

Two things...First, I just filled my car up with Shell V-Power. Gas was 3.77 a gallon. Total came out to 49.01. This was from the E to the F. Do the math and you got 13 gallons. I hear that the LGT has a 16.9 gallon tank. Where the hell were the other 4 gallons? I was running on fumes. Second, I'm only getting 15.6 MPG in the city and driving like a frickin grandma. Any help? It's times like this that I get jealous of my little brother driving my 99 Honda Accord....Man that thing was amazing on gas...

the E on the gauge probably does not mean fully empty. there were 4 gallons probably from the E to when it was really out (its really not good for your system to run dry, so they put in precautions)

jealous of a 99 Accord... have you tried stomping your go pedal lately?

still jealous afterwards? take a turn, a sharp one, with throttle, just a small amount. add snow/rain to taste. that'll fix it

Was the low fuel light on?

You say city driving, does that mean you spend a lot of time stopped with the engine running ?

I'm from a rural area and average 23-24mpg on a normal week.I don't spend much time at traffic lights.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

havent done stage 2 yet.. Its been so long for me since I went stage 1 tho i dont recall a fuel econ change. I THINK I was hitting around 17 city before stage 1.. now I get 19.5 with moderately spirited driving and 20-22 with grandma driving on my commute.

do you have any mods molal? you may need to take it to a shop or something if you're getting that bad mileage unless your city driving is bumper to bumper crawls for miles and miles... our cars get TERRIBLE mileage in that kind of traffic.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I don't see what your complaining about...I wish I could fill my car with Vpower for that price...lol Sorry, totally joking...lol But from the E to F in my car when the light is on and the computer says no miles left...costs my like $70 to fill my tank up...

when i got my car i used to get 16.5 mpg avg mostly city driving i've had it a few months now and im avg 19.8 now combined city/hwy driving. i do have full catback exhaust and air intake. air intake might help u with mpg but very little prob not noticable

15.6 mpg is bad. I am not sure what is going on with your car. I also have a 2005 5mt. Mixed city driving is getting me 23. This summer on a 500 mile trip I got 31.5. I was driving 68-70 with the cruise on, AC off. I might be running a bit leaner since I have a K&N pannel filter and am using the Cobb stage 1 93 map.

molal are you AT or MT? i've noticed that MT cars tend to get better mileage all around than their AT counterparts.. even when the MTs are driven harder than the ATs..

I have NEVER seen 30mpg in this car.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Archived