LegacyGT.com

Cheap n Quick Exhaust Options

thirtyseven

Hey all,

Goin to the dunes with my '00 Outback five speed next week and I want to hear that boxer growl echo in the desert, but I'm not looking to spend hundreds on a custom system.

Would a muffler shop flowmaster/magnaflow universal be worth my time or would it sound like complete shit? I'm not looking for any thing really loud or expecting a super high quality tone, but I'd like a little more bass and flat four throb during hard acceleration and still preferably have it civilised enough for freeway driving.

Thanks in advance.

saw the mufflers off.

this is stage 1. stock DP. just the muffler deletion.

[ame=http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=W_hsPivaTJI]YouTube - Subaru LegacyGT muffler delete.[/ame]

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

its quite when you are putting around, but loud when you are getting on it. trust me. you cant go wrong. saw them off and weld in a straight pipe. i kept the stock resonator on too.

OTM.

no problem. enjoy. i am stage II now with the same setup. i cant see myself paying 1k for a setup when i paid about 30 bucks for a muffler delete. and mine sounds like a true boxer rumble at a fraction of the cost.

OTM.

keep in mind too. i have a 05GT. so the 00 OB will sound a little different.

if you dont like that sound check out the magnaflow 14827 universal mufflers.

OTM.

Try two washer HOGZAUST for a neighbor waking sound. Sounds very good. Videos do not do it justice. It only cost a few bucks.

If that is to loud for the wife and neighbors take it down to one. I did and it still has a nice noticeable rumble. And sound great cruising.

“Abandon hope, all ye who enter here”

-Dante Alighieri

http://youtu.be/lLFunBPgPOo

keep in mind too. i have a 05GT. so the 00 OB will sound a little different.

if you dont like that sound check out the magnaflow 14827 universal mufflers.

Yeah I realize that... it's essentially the same motor, though so I don't expect a substantial difference.

The 14827 was the one I was considering, actually, but I think I'll be perfectly happy with the delete.

Thanks again man.

Yeah, I heard the Hogzaust video and was really unimpressed by it. To paraphrase the poster "it sounds nothing like a Subaru and more like a Honda". I want that gruff, offbeat bassy throb.

that was on a 2.5i, generally the hogzaust mod tends not to give those as much growl as the GTs, search the original thread and view the video on that one, it sounds much deeper

That's the sound I'm looking for, but it's hard to tell if it's not too loud in that video. I don't want to attract a lot of attention unless I'm really hammering it as I've got a long daily commute.

Really diggin that tone and the overrun pops.

its REALLY loud..

Does not sound like a Honda. I will say that a turbo engine makes a difference. It creates a deeper sound much like a V8 with Turbo mufflers bolted on to headers.

the turbo really makes no difference on the sound.. just that having unequal length headers gives a suby boxer 4 a unique sound.

Archived