LegacyGT.com

RomRaider - why it doesn't log some parameters/stops logging when selecte

caramall2

Anyone know why when I turn on some parameters in RomRaider (e.g. FLKC) it can't read them from the ECU and it stops the whole logging process? The first time this happened I kept trying to reconnect my cable until I realized that if I just "deselected" these items, RomRaider started working fine again. Problem is, I want to log these parameters.

You are likely logging too many parameters. Some are more costly than others especially the 4-byte extended parameters. Remember, the more you log, the less resolution there will be and the ECU will not respond after a certain point.

You should download and install the latest logger defs, which will allow you to log the engineer parameters, many of which are the same as the extended parameters.

Lt Blue -- I don't have the ST key in...should I? Also, should I just use the ST logging function (it does log, right?). Whatever I use I want it to log my LC-1 too.

Merchgod, I thought about that and haven't tried, say, just selecting the one or two by themselves. I had deselected quite a few though when I tried things like FLKC. I'll give that a try (e.g. only log FLKC). Once selected, it basically starts searching for the ECU ("connecting..."), then says it can't then tries, then says it cant....yada yada.

Andy: Don't have the ST key fob in, also, use RR to log, so much better!

Merchgod: I tried logging the 4-bit and the 2-bit extended parameters, and (at least on the ones I tried) there was no difference. Can you explain them better.

Archived