LegacyGT.com

Knock Sum

praedet

If it does nothing, it is most likely noise. I would make sure to add it back to insure you don't take a hit in mpg's.

+1

I am getting knock at low load, low RPM, lots of it. Enough knock that my IAM was dropping to less than 1. Under WOT, the logs are clean with no knock but at around 1800-2300 RPM with little or even no throttle, Knock Sum was going up.

Turns out that my FMIC piping is rattling enough to trip the knock sensor. I managed to cause 3 knock events at idle, with the hood up just by moving around the FMIC piping in areas where it rubs.

If it does nothing, it is most likely noise. I would make sure to add it back to insure you don't take a hit in mpg's.

I took away a couple degrees, then took away a couple more in the effected areas and it still pops a knock in 5th. Every other gear goes through the same cells with no knock so I'm going to call it noise for the moment. I'll just load an older, known clean map and stop screwing with this P.O.S. vf40, install my 20g and start over.

Let's kick this pig!

I took away a couple degrees, then took away a couple more in the effected areas and it still pops a knock in 5th. Every other gear goes through the same cells with no knock so I'm going to call it noise for the moment. I'll just load an older, known clean map and stop screwing with this P.O.S. vf40, install my 20g and start over.

Yessss......:icon_twis

Post up a log, I kinda don't think it is noise. Just cause you pass through the same cells doesn't mean the engine load is identical. FWIW you probably shouldn't be pushing the engine in 5th at thast rpm anyways.

Some people have scaled their AVCS table to not advance as much when doing a high gear run starting from low rpm, but still advance like normal when in 3rd gear or lower. Hope that makes sense.

FWIW you probably shouldn't be pushing the engine in 5th at thast rpm anyways.

Bingo. It's in an area that I would never normally drive in 5th(2-2.6K rpms), so I'm not too worried about it. Like I said; I can force it on purpose, but wouldn't hit it under ANY normal conditions. It still runs clean up to redline in every other gear so again not too worried. I have about a hundred vf40 map revisions to choose from, so I'll just go back a few to a more conservative one that ran clean throughout. I keep a folder in my maps directory called "Good_Ones" where I place copy of my rock solid maps.

Aside from that, I'm about burnt out on trying to squeeze a little more out of the stock turbo. On to bigger and better things like a DB 20g Zilla:).

5th_knock.pdf

Let's kick this pig!

Archived