LegacyGT.com

Realtime maps

DarkLegacy

Don't know about the APv2, but the APv1 will only tell you the Basemap name when you select "show current map". Always re-load the RT map after an ECU reset. Otherwise ya, you just have to have faith that the RT map is there.
Let's kick this pig!

The big thing to remember is that you have to re-load the RT map everytime you disconnect the battery or use the AccessPort to reset the ECU. Here is a little ritual I always do/did when resetting the ECU:

First I get everything connected, then select "show current map" to make sure the AP is connected and communicating properly.

After that I go to "reset the ECU", then turn the key all the way off and then turn it back forward to the "on" position and as instructed and wait for the gauges to sweep and go back down.

After that it takes about an additional 5 seconds for the ECU to finish resetting and come back online. If you've ever reset the ECU and then had to crank it for 10 seconds before it started; this is why.

So now that the ECU is reset and back online; you can load the RealTime map and know it will stick. You should then be able to simply turn the key forward and the car should start right up.

After you've done this a couple hundred times; you get used to it and have a little more faith in the process.

Let's kick this pig!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived