LegacyGT.com

Front DBA 4000 rotors

SW7RT

I have 05 and 06 gt wagons I bought the 06 with 5500 miles on it and swapped the stock rotors /pads onto the 05 and put DBA 4000xs on my "new" 06. So I basically had 2 brand new brake setups to compare. There is no comparison the DBA have so much more feel an less pedal movement. It was so noticeable I brought the 05 back in to have them checked out because I didn't believe my daughter who now drives the 05 who told me that's how they've always felt. I also went through 3 sets of rotors under warranty they warp so bad the first set was 12,000 miles the around 35,000+ and the last set at 50,000 (done under good faith at my dealership).

Jib

Its seems to me this rotor issue is kind of like the dash rattles, some rattle a little, some rattle a lot and then there are those that don't. :lol: Either way I think that if I'm willing to spend 200 bucks on spoilers and such that I should be willing to invest at least that much in the brake dept. :)

I will have to agree with LGT-NY...those stockers are crap! In my opinion the rotor material have a high tendency to attract pad deposits, hence the numerous posts claiming that their rotors are "warped". When I drive (and brake) easy for a couple of weeks then brake hard coming from ~70mph one day, my steering wheel would shake like the front wheels are going to come off. One of the ways to eliminate pad deposits is to brake cycle (is that even the right term?) from a lower speed around 40-50mph...then another 2 weeks of "no hard braking" and you get deposits again. In racing conditions, these may not happen since you are always braking hard around a circuit.

Now, those scary braking days are long gone for me after changing to my current set up: ATE Super Blue, Technafit SS lines, Endless SSM, DBA standard slotted F & OEM R.

Just my 2 cents ;)

I will have to agree with LGT-NY...those stockers are crap! In my opinion the rotor material have a high tendency to attract pad deposits, hence the numerous posts claiming that their rotors are "warped". When I drive (and brake) easy for a couple of weeks then brake hard coming from ~70mph one day, my steering wheel would shake like the front wheels are going to come off. One of the ways to eliminate pad deposits is to brake cycle (is that even the right term?) from a lower speed around 40-50mph...then another 2 weeks of "no hard braking" and you get deposits again. In racing conditions, these may not happen since you are always braking hard around a circuit.

Now, those scary braking days are long gone for me after changing to my current set up: ATE Super Blue, Technafit SS lines, Endless SSM, DBA standard slotted F & OEM R.

Just my 2 cents ;)

^ +2 No hard braking and everythings fine, but just one time is all it takes and the shakes are back. I'm not satisfied when my 02 2.5i wagon with ceramic pads brake with more confidence than my 05GT and I've never had shakes with the 02 2.5i wagon front rotors under normal hard braking . This is a hard statement to make but I had similar feelings about the stock 05GT suspension verses the 02 wagon. The wagon just had an all around better feel to the suspension over every road surface despite more body roll.

I will have to agree with LGT-NY...those stockers are crap! In my opinion the rotor material have a high tendency to attract pad deposits, hence the numerous posts claiming that their rotors are "warped".

Just my 2 cents ;)

So, you think DBAs are made out of a different material that the stockers?

The answer is better pads, and fresh fluid. Motul's fine if you don't mind changing it on a yearly basis, but you're generally just as well off with something less expensive. ATE is nice because you can alternate between superblue and type 200 (same thing but not blue).

Archived