LegacyGT.com

Thought experiment: $10k

Whitetiger, what i said was that a f-body can easily be made to handle slightly better than a stock sti, i even said a sti with suspension mods vs a f-body with the same mods the sti would be the better handeling car. But this guy wants 1/4mile time and a car that handles ok and a car that can handle as well as a lightly modded sti is pretty good, especially for a drag car.

I know you love your f-body but come on! They handle about as good as a soapbox :lol:

You right i havent driven a legacy gt with suspension mods, evos hell yes and the only 2 stis i drove were stock, 1 2008 and the other was an 05. But i have compared my stock legacy to my T/A when it was stock and it held corners better than the legacy for sure.

But im not sure everyone is listening to me, i said that f-body with suspension mods could handle aswell or slightly better than a stock sti, i never said a t/a with suspension mods would take a STI or EVO with suspension mods.

Besides we are jacking the hell outta this thread the only car of of our arguing that could even be had for less than 10k is the f-body.

You'd have a hard time finding something that gives you as much bang for your buck as an f-body with minimum modifications.

The only bitch is dealing with the "camaro" stereotype that evolved from mullet-driving IROC-Z guys.

Sure you can take a $3000 beater car and swap in a whole different engine, but that's going to take a ton of money and work.

I'm not a big fan of the old DSM's because of reliability reasons.

All of the nissan stuff (300zx, 240sx, etc) are going to take a ton of money to make fast in the 1/4 mile because they have such low power to begin with. (I think the KA24DE in the 240sx is only like 140hp or so). The SR20DET swap brings something like 220hp but can be built up.

I'd just rather have the displacement.

Archived